- By Palmer Ogheneyole Nathaniel
No fewer that three students of the Benue State University, Makurdi (BSU) were yesterday killed following a strife between members of rival cult groups in the School. Reports has it that the cultists who went on rampage first invaded a house in Logo 1, a suburb of Makurdi, where a male Student was gruesomely shot dead.
Impeccable sources within the vicinity revealed that the alleged killers numbering about 10 stormed the compound and headed straight to the victim's apartment where they opened fire on him repeatedly and thereafter spot sporadically into the air to scare residents.
Also, some unidentified gunmen suspected to be cultists struck at a house on Pever Agenga Street, Logo 2, close to Iwanger Clinic and killed a student later identified as Dennis Terna Gabin, a level 200 student of Biology of the same university.
As the situation later worsened, residents fled the area in droves for fear of being caught in the cross-fire.
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in charge of Benue State Command, ASP Philip Agena, said he has been adequately briefed, and that his men had been deployed to the area to forestall further break down of law and order.
- Governor Amosun, You Lied!
- Sex Scandal Roils U.S.A Deeper Life Church
- Revealed: TB Joshua Bribed Journalists To Conceal Details of Church Building Collapse
- Press Statement on the Sudden Disappearance of Mr Fejiro Oliver
- NEWS ALERT: Elombah.com's Journalist Fejiro Oliver Declared Missing!
- PHOTOS: Fulani Massacre of Christian Natives in Southern Kaduna
- Goodluck Jonathan’s Legacy, Nigeria’s Prosperity (1)
- 2015: Constitutional Impediments to President Jonathan’s Candidacy
- Peter Obi Calls for Declaration of State of Emergency on Education
- The Jonathan Government Goes Rogue; As Oritsejafor Hide Behind one Finger
- Army fires GOC at the root of mutiny by convicted soldiers
- Obiano Starts 2018 governorship campaign with bags of rice
- Boko Haram Kidnaps 50 Women, Scores of Children
- #BringBackJonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity, by Wole Soyinka
- Akwa Ibom Receives the Highest Allocation to States
- Elombah.com Issues a Disclaimer!
- Why And How INEC Is Creating New Polling Units - by Prof Jega
- What We saw In Akwa Ibom State- Part 2
- Obiano presents refurbished APC, Gives Cheque to Army, Appoints More Assistants
- Goodluck Jonathan's Hashtag: Most Inappropriate of the Year
- Nigeria At A Cross Road; Where Do You Stand?
- PDP: Kalu Pledges Support for Reconciliation of Aggrieved Members
- Kudos to Senator Okowa for his Political Networking and Consultation tour
- Why Election Will not and Cannot Hold In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa
- Sack Jega Now! - Igbo Group tells Jonathan
- Bring Back Ikedi Ohakim (Part 3)
- Uduaghan Urges Support For Olejeme’s Governorship Bid
- 2015: Group Commends PDP, Governors’ Forum on Jonathan
- Nigeria: When a People Suffer Primary Dementia
- R/S APC Hails Governor Amaechi, Parker on Ebola Containment
- Akpabio’s Era and the Reality in Oro Nation
- Stephen Davis Responds to Asari Dokubo, Reveals More on Boko Haram
- 2015 Presidency And Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Betrayal
- Amnesty Int’l Fighting for Human Rights or Sponsor of Boko Haram?
- Willie Obiano and the Changing Face of Awka
- Senator Ibikunle Amosun, You Lied! - Prince Adeniji-Adele
- Udom Emmanuel; Faces of Phases of Akwa Ibom State Governance
- 2015 Okigwe Zone: We Need Progressive Leaders - Group
- How to Avoid the Repetition of Corrupt Government
- Enugu 2015 and Chime’s Belated ‘Stomach Infrastructure’
- Arsenal annual financial figures shows £4.7million profit in 2013/14
- Mayweather Defeats Maidana By Unanimous Decision Again
- Mayweather Must Counter Maidana’s Thuggery to Prevail
- Sexual harassment does not exist in Nollywood - Adokiye Kyrian
- Nigeria Super Eagles to Face South Africa in a Qualifier Crucial Game
- Keshi Bows to Pressure, Invites Uche for Bafana Bafana
- Anambra Sets Up Onyeanwuna Burial Committee
- Nigeria suffers 2-3 home defeat in Cup of Nations qualifier
- Money, Tradition, Legacy Fueling Mayweather-Pacquiao Mega-Fight?
- Anambra Plans State burial for Football Legend, Onyeanwuna
- NFF Elections: Battle for the Soul of the Nigerian Football Rages
- AFCON: Super Eagles Players Hit Camp for Congo, South Africa Matches
- Transfer Deadline: Done Deals for 2014\2015 Season
- Chinyere Ogwumike Joins Sister in Historic Rookie of Year Award
- Oluchi Orlandi Is Host of the First Edition of ‘Le Petite Marche Africa’
- Sanchez Scores as Arsenal Qualify for Champions League
- Christopher Giwa Emerges New President of Nigeria Football Federation
- AFCON 2017: Libya Relinquishes Hosting Rights
- Super Eagles Job: I Have Moved On – Stephen Keshi
- President Jonathan Hails Falconets’ Qualification for World Cup Finals
- Woman acquires 3rd breast for $20,000 to make herself LESS attractive to men
- Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after iCloud Hacking Scandal
- Porn or Pop? Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea’s raunchy Booty video
- EFCC Arrests Two Suspects for $7.9m Scam
- Bank IT worker declared wanted for $40m cyber-theft
- 67 S. Africans killed in Synagogue church collapse
- Nigerian caught in private jet smuggling $9.3m cash to SA
- Nigeria warplane used in fighting boko haram missing
- Oscar Pistorius found Guilty of Girlfriends' Manslaughter
- Oscar Pristorius found Negligent, but not Guilty of Murder
- BREAKING: Pistorius cleared of premeditated murder
- Nigeria says 'no evidence' US air marshal attacked in Lagos
- Sex Slaves: Like Boko haram, ISIS also kidnaps young girls
- Leaked Nude Photos of Celebrities Released Online
- Nigeria’s poverty level drops by 2.1%