- By Elombah.com
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney says he may be defeated by President Barack Obama in Tuesday's presidential contest, but it's doubtful. He made the statement as new polls show President Obama Leads US presidential race. The incumbent is edging the closely-fought US election campaign, during which more than $1bn
has been spent trying to woo voters.
Speaking at an Ohio rally Sunday afternoon, Romney said that it's possible, but not likely that Obama will win. He was responding to supporters who booed when he speculated on the consequences of an Obama second term.
Polls suggest the race is very close. Both campaigns predict wins.
Romney is campaigning in four battleground states on Sunday, including Pennsylvania. Romney's visit follows the decision by his campaign and its Republican allies to put millions of dollars in television advertising in Pennsylvania during the race's final weeks to try to make it competitive.
No Republican presidential candidate has carried the state since 1988.
Meanwhile The US presidential campaigns of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have entered the last two days before voting, with polls indicating the incumbent is in the lead.
According to latest polls, Mr Obama appears to be ahead in enough swing states to secure the presidency for a second term.
After an intensive Saturday criss-crossing key battleground states, the American president is targeting Democrats in Colorado, Florida, Ohio and New Hampshire on Sunday, urging them to vote.
Meanwhile, Republican candidate Mitt Romney has decided to intensify efforts in Iowa, Ohio and then in Democrat-leaning Pennsylvania.
Mr Obama has an apparent edge in some key battleground states, including Ohio, while Mr Romney's campaign is projecting momentum, and banking on late-breaking voters to propel him to victory in the close race.
The Republican hopeful plans to cut away briefly from the nine key battleground states that have dominated the candidates' travel itineraries.
Mr Romney, along with running mate Paul Ryan, plan an early evening rally in Morrisville, Pennsylvania in an attempt to woo disillusioned Democrats.
The key battlegrounds states in the election have been Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Nevada, Wisconsin, Iowa and New Hampshire.
After rules regulating campaign funding were eased for this election, the two political parties ploughed huge amounts into primarily negative advertising against the opposition.
Americans in the key states have been hit by a blizzard of campaign ads.
The two political parties and their allied independent groups aired more than a million ads between June and the end of October, according to the Wesleyan University Media Project.
Mr Romney has continued to campaign in key areas
The advertising in 10 strategic states has cost more than $1bn (£620m).
Would-be voters have been bombarded with some 40% more television advertising than the number that ran in the same period in 2008 when Mr Obama defeated Republican John McCain.
But both candidates have appeared to become more fatigued in the frenzied final weekend of campaigning.
Mr Obama apologised to supporters for a hoarse voice at one speech on Saturday.
His apology came as former Democrat president Bill Clinton suffered from a similar problem and told supporters in Virginia he had "given my voice in the service of my president".
Mr Obama's strategy has included appeals to the industrial Midwest, where jobs have been saved after the federal government invested large amounts in the wake of the financial meltdown.
His Republican challenger trails the president in some polls in battleground states but retains a narrow and plausible path to the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency
Mr Romney's camp also argues that the Republican may not even be behind the incumbent.
They argue state polls are based on unrealistic assumptions of the size of the Democratic slice of the electorate and underplay Republican enthusiasm.
Mr Romney told crowds in Colorado Springs that the vote is "a moment to look into the future, and imagine what we can do to put the past four years behind us".
"The door to a brighter future is there."
But both sides realise with just two days to go the result may now be beyond their control.
"The power is not with us anymore, the planning, everything we do, it doesn't matter," Mr Obama told supporters in Virginia.
"It's all up to you, it's up to the volunteers - that's how democracy is supposed to be."
- “Don’t Grant Waiver To Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri, Modibbo And Kama”
- EXPOSED: Details of the Ebola Virus Doctor Which the Government Hides
- Breaking News: Sheriff, Ihejirika Named Boko Haram Sponsors, Elrufai also implicated
- Details of 27 Council Funds Squandered by Governor Okorocha
- Nigerian politicians are Boko Haram’s “primary" Sponsors – Stephen Davis
- "We Ran Out Of Ammunition" - Nigeria Soldiers Who Fled Into Cameroon
- Ogun State: Gauging Amosun Welfare Package on a Scale
- Nigerian Soldiers Flee from Boko Haram to Cameroon
- Documents showing Peter Obi left N86bn for Willie Obiano
- Redeployment of AIGs: Intersociety Rejects Exclusion of Southeast Zone
- Betrayal In Anambra; Obiano Sets To Play Fast One On Obi
- My two day working visit to Akwa Ibom State - part 1
- BREAKING: Nigeria Records Two Fresh Ebola Secondary cases
- BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Invades Police Training College
- Labaran Maku Vows to Become Nasarawa State Governor in 2015
- El Rufai ridicules Ribadu's return to PDP
- BREAKING: Lagos Confirms Five New Ebola Cases
- Mutiny! We will Not Fight Boko Haram – Soldiers
- BREAKING NEWS! Ebola Kills a Doctor that Attended to Sawyer
- Bauchi Governor ‘Bribes’ PDP Chairman with N2 Billion House for Senatorial Ambition
- The Australian Buffoon, El Rufai's Idiocy and Ihejirika's Outburst
- Mr. Aniekan John Umanah: Garland on a Gold
- James Foley Murder, the British and Biafran Story
- Nuhu Ribadu: The Futility of Trying to Stand Erect on a Moving, Rocking Boat
- Dora Akunyili All the Way!
- Was Admiral Murtala Nyako a Liability to APC?
- Why Jonathan's 'Rest' Is dangerous for US All
- Ebola: In Times Like This, Conspiracy Theory Appeals
- Boko Haram Republic of Northern Nigeria: A Good Idea (Part II)
- APGA: Maja Umeh As a Quintessential Senator
- Eulogy by First Lady of Anambra: Remembering Prof Dora Akunyili
- Derivation, Revenue Allocation Formula, and Appropriate Loot Sharing Ratio among the Elites
- Eulogy delivered By Willie Obiano in Honour of Late Prof. Dora Akunyili
- Boko Haram Republic of Gwoza: a Bad Idea and Bad Omen
- Press Release - Strengthening Political Party Campaign Finance ahead of 2015
- Ezuruezu Mbaise’s Naked Dance over Iri Ji Mbaise Incident
- Pocock, Nebo, Adesina, Others to Pilot Emerging Leaders Conference
- Politics of the Resurgence of Okada on Lagos Roads
- Akwa Ibom: Umana Bags Distinguished Fellowship Award
- 'Youths, Be Pro-Active and Viable in Quest for Greatness' - Hon Osanebi
- Sanchez Scores as Arsenal Qualify for Champions League
- Christopher Giwa Emerges New President of Nigeria Football Federation
- AFCON 2017: Libya Relinquishes Hosting Rights
- Super Eagles Job: I Have Moved On – Stephen Keshi
- President Jonathan Hails Falconets’ Qualification for World Cup Finals
- Jonathan hails Falonet's Qualification for under-20 female world cup final
- Fifa Rejects Barcelona FC Transfer Ban Appeal
- Suarez Unveiled at Barcelona FC; Promises Not to Bite Again
- AFCON Qualifier List: Osaze, Moses, Ideye Left Out
- Spanish Super Cup Preview: Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid
- England Kell Brook Stuns Shawn Porter, Wins Title
- Van Gaal Loses Debut Premiership Home Game at Old Trafford
- Keshi’s Passing Grade Needed In Other Sectors
- Nigeria Climbs a Step in the New FIFA Ranking
- Boxing: Fury and Chisora Get New Rematch Date
- Wayne Rooney Named New Manchester United Captain
- Ronaldo’s Brace Earns Real Super Cup Win
- Howard Webb Retires As Match Referee; Appointed Technical Director
- Chelsea Humbled 3-0 in Germany
- Sergey kovalev Stops Caperello, Fights Bernard Hopkins Next
- Ebola: 4 Indian Doctors from Nigeria Quarantined
- Boko Haram clashes with Cameroon soldiers in cross-border attacks
- Lagos massage parlours where sex is ‘after-service’ bonus - Punch
- Nigeria’s 419 Scammers Trade Up to Info-Stealing Trojan Attacks
- Nigeria Attractive to Investors Despite Challenges, Says Aganga
- Pro-Russian rebels plan to sabotage investigation into Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 crash
- Kim Kardashian sex tape star Ray J charged with 10 crimes
- Tulisa Drug Trial Collapse: 'Fake Sheikh' Suspended
- Facebook banned these Women's Rowing Team's Naked Calendar
- US Court awards $23 billion punitive damages against major cigarette company
- Bolt, Farah, Wiggins and Fraser for Glasgow Commonwealth
- Bizarre: Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old woman for second time
- Disgusting! Looters Stole Cash, Credit Cards, and Jewelry from Flight MH17 Crash Victims
- Appeal court overturns Berlusconi convictions in underage sex case
- Malaysian plane crashes in Ukraine: BBC updates