- By Elombah.com
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney says he may be defeated by President Barack Obama in Tuesday's presidential contest, but it's doubtful. He made the statement as new polls show President Obama Leads US presidential race. The incumbent is edging the closely-fought US election campaign, during which more than $1bn
has been spent trying to woo voters.
Speaking at an Ohio rally Sunday afternoon, Romney said that it's possible, but not likely that Obama will win. He was responding to supporters who booed when he speculated on the consequences of an Obama second term.
Polls suggest the race is very close. Both campaigns predict wins.
Romney is campaigning in four battleground states on Sunday, including Pennsylvania. Romney's visit follows the decision by his campaign and its Republican allies to put millions of dollars in television advertising in Pennsylvania during the race's final weeks to try to make it competitive.
No Republican presidential candidate has carried the state since 1988.
Meanwhile The US presidential campaigns of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney have entered the last two days before voting, with polls indicating the incumbent is in the lead.
According to latest polls, Mr Obama appears to be ahead in enough swing states to secure the presidency for a second term.
After an intensive Saturday criss-crossing key battleground states, the American president is targeting Democrats in Colorado, Florida, Ohio and New Hampshire on Sunday, urging them to vote.
Meanwhile, Republican candidate Mitt Romney has decided to intensify efforts in Iowa, Ohio and then in Democrat-leaning Pennsylvania.
Mr Obama has an apparent edge in some key battleground states, including Ohio, while Mr Romney's campaign is projecting momentum, and banking on late-breaking voters to propel him to victory in the close race.
The Republican hopeful plans to cut away briefly from the nine key battleground states that have dominated the candidates' travel itineraries.
Mr Romney, along with running mate Paul Ryan, plan an early evening rally in Morrisville, Pennsylvania in an attempt to woo disillusioned Democrats.
The key battlegrounds states in the election have been Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Nevada, Wisconsin, Iowa and New Hampshire.
After rules regulating campaign funding were eased for this election, the two political parties ploughed huge amounts into primarily negative advertising against the opposition.
Americans in the key states have been hit by a blizzard of campaign ads.
The two political parties and their allied independent groups aired more than a million ads between June and the end of October, according to the Wesleyan University Media Project.
Mr Romney has continued to campaign in key areas
The advertising in 10 strategic states has cost more than $1bn (£620m).
Would-be voters have been bombarded with some 40% more television advertising than the number that ran in the same period in 2008 when Mr Obama defeated Republican John McCain.
But both candidates have appeared to become more fatigued in the frenzied final weekend of campaigning.
Mr Obama apologised to supporters for a hoarse voice at one speech on Saturday.
His apology came as former Democrat president Bill Clinton suffered from a similar problem and told supporters in Virginia he had "given my voice in the service of my president".
Mr Obama's strategy has included appeals to the industrial Midwest, where jobs have been saved after the federal government invested large amounts in the wake of the financial meltdown.
His Republican challenger trails the president in some polls in battleground states but retains a narrow and plausible path to the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency
Mr Romney's camp also argues that the Republican may not even be behind the incumbent.
They argue state polls are based on unrealistic assumptions of the size of the Democratic slice of the electorate and underplay Republican enthusiasm.
Mr Romney told crowds in Colorado Springs that the vote is "a moment to look into the future, and imagine what we can do to put the past four years behind us".
"The door to a brighter future is there."
But both sides realise with just two days to go the result may now be beyond their control.
"The power is not with us anymore, the planning, everything we do, it doesn't matter," Mr Obama told supporters in Virginia.
"It's all up to you, it's up to the volunteers - that's how democracy is supposed to be."
- DSS, Niger State Govt and Fejiro Oliver: Our Stand
- Inside Gov Babangida Aliyu's Corrupt Empire: the article that got Journalist in trouble
- Boko haram in disarray as more terrorists surrender
- Inside TB Joshua’s broken temple
- Governor Amosun, You Lied!
- Sex Scandal Roils U.S.A Deeper Life Church
- Revealed: TB Joshua Bribed Journalists To Conceal Details of Church Building Collapse
- Press Statement on the Sudden Disappearance of Mr Fejiro Oliver
- NEWS ALERT: Elombah.com's Journalist Fejiro Oliver Declared Missing!
- PHOTOS: Fulani Massacre of Christian Natives in Southern Kaduna
- Goodluck Jonathan’s Legacy, Nigeria’s Prosperity (1)
- 2015: Constitutional Impediments to President Jonathan’s Candidacy
- Peter Obi Calls for Declaration of State of Emergency on Education
- The Jonathan Government Goes Rogue; As Oritsejafor Hide Behind one Finger
- Army fires GOC at the root of mutiny by convicted soldiers
- Obiano Starts 2018 governorship campaign with bags of rice
- Boko Haram Kidnaps 50 Women, Scores of Children
- #BringBackJonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity, by Wole Soyinka
- Akwa Ibom Receives the Highest Allocation to States
- Elombah.com Issues a Disclaimer!
- Oshiomhole to contest for 2015 Presidency under APC
- Niger State Government, DSS Stop Malicious Lies, Release Fejiro Oliver Now
- 2015 General Election and the Gathering Storm
- Endorsement of President Jonathan is an Endorsement for Mediocrity
- Mazi Clement Owunna's 150,000,000 Naira Bungalow at IMSU
- Agip Vs NNPC/NAPIMS: Between Plantgeria and Other Matters Arising?
- My Tuesday Report Card to Governor Obiano
- When London Rose For Governor Akpabio
- 10.15.14.: A Day Without Horn or Siren in Lagos State
- REVEALED: The Forces against Oronsaye; Why EFCC Is After Him
- Ex-Minister task Nat’l Assembly on new Constitution for Nigeria
- Health: Excessive Sitting Hurts You; Tips to Get Rid of It
- Invitation to Crucial Meeting of Indigenous People of Biafra
- Kidnapping: Governor Babangida Aliyu, Release Fejiro Oliver Now!
- Re: An Open Letter to My Friend, Dahiru Mohammed Lawal, on Islam
- APGA Slammed APC and PDP into the Dustbin
- Jonathan as an Eagle, He Has changed Nigeria positively
- US To Request Nigeria to Extradite Buruji Kashamu
- Abia State: An Unbiased Evaluation of an Unsung Hero
- 2015: Anambra East, West Fed Constituency Acid Test for Obiano
- Arsenal annual financial figures shows £4.7million profit in 2013/14
- Mayweather Defeats Maidana By Unanimous Decision Again
- Mayweather Must Counter Maidana’s Thuggery to Prevail
- Sexual harassment does not exist in Nollywood - Adokiye Kyrian
- Nigeria Super Eagles to Face South Africa in a Qualifier Crucial Game
- Keshi Bows to Pressure, Invites Uche for Bafana Bafana
- Anambra Sets Up Onyeanwuna Burial Committee
- Nigeria suffers 2-3 home defeat in Cup of Nations qualifier
- Money, Tradition, Legacy Fueling Mayweather-Pacquiao Mega-Fight?
- Anambra Plans State burial for Football Legend, Onyeanwuna
- NFF Elections: Battle for the Soul of the Nigerian Football Rages
- AFCON: Super Eagles Players Hit Camp for Congo, South Africa Matches
- Transfer Deadline: Done Deals for 2014\2015 Season
- Chinyere Ogwumike Joins Sister in Historic Rookie of Year Award
- Oluchi Orlandi Is Host of the First Edition of ‘Le Petite Marche Africa’
- Sanchez Scores as Arsenal Qualify for Champions League
- Christopher Giwa Emerges New President of Nigeria Football Federation
- AFCON 2017: Libya Relinquishes Hosting Rights
- Super Eagles Job: I Have Moved On – Stephen Keshi
- President Jonathan Hails Falconets’ Qualification for World Cup Finals
- Naked celebrity photos: Emma Watson next celeb targeted by hackers
- Woman acquires 3rd breast for $20,000 to make herself LESS attractive to men
- Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after iCloud Hacking Scandal
- Porn or Pop? Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea’s raunchy Booty video
- EFCC Arrests Two Suspects for $7.9m Scam
- Bank IT worker declared wanted for $40m cyber-theft
- 67 S. Africans killed in Synagogue church collapse
- Nigerian caught in private jet smuggling $9.3m cash to SA
- Nigeria warplane used in fighting boko haram missing
- Oscar Pistorius found Guilty of Girlfriends' Manslaughter
- Oscar Pristorius found Negligent, but not Guilty of Murder
- BREAKING: Pistorius cleared of premeditated murder
- Nigeria says 'no evidence' US air marshal attacked in Lagos
- Sex Slaves: Like Boko haram, ISIS also kidnaps young girls
- Leaked Nude Photos of Celebrities Released Online