- Written by Martins Ezigwe
The Nigerian Senate this week received the report of its join sanding committees on the discovery of floating bodies, suspected to be those of detainees in police custody. The committees are the Senate committee on Police Affairs led by Senator Igwe Paulinus Nwagu and The senate Committee on Security & National Intelligence
led by Senator Mohammed Maigoro.The joint committee was headed by Senator Nwagu.
Anambra State Commisssioner of Health, dropped the hint while speaking to newsmen yesterday, but did not offer details.
Over 50-55 lifeless bodies were counted by journalists who rushed to Amansea a border town in Anambra State to witness the bizarre site when the new broke.
Villagers in the border town said the bodies were more in umber as many had been swept on by the current of the fast-flowing Ezu River (At Amansea). Police however claimed that 18 bodies were retrieved and buried beside the river bed on the orders f Anambra State Government.
The Senate Committee Visited Anambra and Enugu on February 12 and 23, 2013.On its first visit, he joint committee held a public hearing in the Multi-purpose Hall of Government House Awka and visiting Ezu River. On its second visit, the joint committee took additional testimonies from communities and groups in camera at Amansea before visiting such installations as the State Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) office of the Anambra State Police Command in Awkuzu.
The committee also interrogated the records and met with the Administrative judge in the Federal High Court Awka, Nigerian Prisons Service in Awka and Enugu and other locations unknown to the public.
The Senate is receiving the report at a time the facts of the case have also been independently placed before the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands
- Elections: Catholic Church Foresees Trouble, Violence
- Untold Stories: Between Jonathan, Shettima, Defence Hqts & Boko haram
- Buhari says will not take part in presidential debates
- 2015 Election: Attahiru Jega’s Pact with the APC
- EXPOSED: Details of Corruption by Two Major Sponsors of Buhari
- Boko haram rampaging in northeast Nigeria with no troops to defend people
- Army were warned of Boko Haram attacks on Baga and Monguno
- Okonjo-Iweala: Response to Soludo's 'Buhari Vs Jonathan: Beyond the Election'
- 2015 Elections & INEC Shoddy Preparations: Chaos, Anarchy & Bloodletting Looming (1)
- Army Bombards Boko Haram to Retake Strategic Barracks
- Exposed: How Obama blocked Israeli sale of attack helicopters to Nigeria
- 2015: INEC has already rigged presidential poll for the North
- Obiano Is Enchanting Road of Infamy -Anambra Group
- Attacks on Jonathan: This Nonsense Must Stop - Warns the presidency
- Attention Pius Anyim: Before INEC Sets Nigeria on Fire
- Exclusive: How Aso Rock official swindled Chinese firm in a multi-billion naira fraud
- Breaking News! Nigeria national security adviser urges INEC to postpone elections
- Chibok Girls Kidnap: The Untold Story
- Photos: fleeing Boko Haram's war on Nigeria
- Exclusive: See Buhari's Academic Records
- Tongue tied Jonathan gets his wish, Buhari balks out
- Okpeze: cries of an abandoned and neglected community
- It Is in Buhari’s Interest to Debate Jonathan
- Nigeria must not be killed in February 2015
- 2015: The Market is Over in Nigeria
- Nyerere plans to make Abia State the economic power base of Igboland
- Neither Jonathan nor Buhari is messiah, but one is lesser evil
- Fayose’s Advert: Offensive or Hate Speech?
- The mobilisation of the Nigerian youths and TAN
- Corruption in Nigeria, who is fooling who?
- A Vote for Buhari is Vote for Obasanjo, Babangida and Military cabal That killed Nigeria
- “Soludo, the solution!”
- Ill-omened rumbles from Niger Delta militants
- No! Mr President, no ten million thieves in Nigeria
- Weep not for Odudu Ukpanah (A dirge)
- Goodluck Jonathan, a history of academic excellence
- Alex Otti, a pathological liar -Abia Governor's aide
- On the Famous Video: 'The Real Buhari'
- That Farcical Peace Accord
- Interview with Hon Osita Igbe, Director of Media, Abia PDP campaign 2015
- Breaking News: Former Eagles goalkeeper Agbonivbare is dead
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- David Beckham Son Receives Special Protection During Arsenal Youth Matches
- Heat Spoil James Return, Beating Cavaliers 101-91
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- World Strongest Footballer Never Played for Nigeria
- NFF Appeals Committee Nullifies Pinnick’s Election
- Boxing: Crawford Dominates Beltran
- Fury Stops Chisora in 10th Round
- Siasia’s Olympic team to face Gabon
- FA Cup Final: Gov Orji Congratulates Enyimba for Defeating Dolphins
- Boxing: Pacquaio faces Algieri
- Nigeria 2- 2 South Africa: Nigeria out of Nations Cup
- Klitschko KOs Pulev In Fifth Round
- President Jonathan applauds Super Eagles win over Congo
- Nigeria Wallops Congo 2-0 in AFCON Qualifier
- 3 Chad soldiers, 123 Boko Haram militants killed in Cameroon
- Nigeria buys Assorted Czech weapons to fight Boko Haram
- UN, ECOWAS, AU, REC meet to Deepen Cooperation
- Guaranteeing Nigeria's Invincibility
- British Parliament sound alarm over UK public money links with Ibori
- Russian Town Frozen into Ice Block
- Russian President Putin is 'a common criminal dressed up as a Head of State'
- Certificate Scandal: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [See Letter]
- Sharia police arrest 12 gays planning to wed in Kano
- Boko Haram rampage propelling Buhari campaign -NY Times
- 2015: Supporters of violence will be denied US visas -Kerry
- US Kerry arrives Nigeria amid tensions over polls, Boko Haram
- ECOWAS hands over military assets to Guinea Bissau govt
- Cameroon raid frees German hostage held by Boko Haram
- 2015 Predictions: Doomsday Clock Tick to World War 3?