- By Martins Ezigwe
The Nigerian Senate this week received the report of its join sanding committees on the discovery of floating bodies, suspected to be those of detainees in police custody. The committees are the Senate committee on Police Affairs led by Senator Igwe Paulinus Nwagu and The senate Committee on Security & National Intelligence
led by Senator Mohammed Maigoro.The joint committee was headed by Senator Nwagu.
Anambra State Commisssioner of Health, dropped the hint while speaking to newsmen yesterday, but did not offer details.
Over 50-55 lifeless bodies were counted by journalists who rushed to Amansea a border town in Anambra State to witness the bizarre site when the new broke.
Villagers in the border town said the bodies were more in umber as many had been swept on by the current of the fast-flowing Ezu River (At Amansea). Police however claimed that 18 bodies were retrieved and buried beside the river bed on the orders f Anambra State Government.
The Senate Committee Visited Anambra and Enugu on February 12 and 23, 2013.On its first visit, he joint committee held a public hearing in the Multi-purpose Hall of Government House Awka and visiting Ezu River. On its second visit, the joint committee took additional testimonies from communities and groups in camera at Amansea before visiting such installations as the State Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) office of the Anambra State Police Command in Awkuzu.
The committee also interrogated the records and met with the Administrative judge in the Federal High Court Awka, Nigerian Prisons Service in Awka and Enugu and other locations unknown to the public.
The Senate is receiving the report at a time the facts of the case have also been independently placed before the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands
- Governor Amosun, You Lied!
- Sex Scandal Roils U.S.A Deeper Life Church
- Revealed: TB Joshua Bribed Journalists To Conceal Details of Church Building Collapse
- Press Statement on the Sudden Disappearance of Mr Fejiro Oliver
- NEWS ALERT: Elombah.com's Journalist Fejiro Oliver Declared Missing!
- PHOTOS: Fulani Massacre of Christian Natives in Southern Kaduna
- Goodluck Jonathan’s Legacy, Nigeria’s Prosperity (1)
- 2015: Constitutional Impediments to President Jonathan’s Candidacy
- Peter Obi Calls for Declaration of State of Emergency on Education
- The Jonathan Government Goes Rogue; As Oritsejafor Hide Behind one Finger
- Army fires GOC at the root of mutiny by convicted soldiers
- Obiano Starts 2018 governorship campaign with bags of rice
- Boko Haram Kidnaps 50 Women, Scores of Children
- #BringBackJonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity, by Wole Soyinka
- Akwa Ibom Receives the Highest Allocation to States
- Elombah.com Issues a Disclaimer!
- Why And How INEC Is Creating New Polling Units - by Prof Jega
- What We saw In Akwa Ibom State- Part 2
- Obiano presents refurbished APC, Gives Cheque to Army, Appoints More Assistants
- Goodluck Jonathan's Hashtag: Most Inappropriate of the Year
- Kudos to Senator Okowa for his Political Networking and Consultation tour
- Why Election Will not and Cannot Hold In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa
- Sack Jega Now! - Igbo Group tells Jonathan
- Bring Back Ikedi Ohakim (Part 3)
- Uduaghan Urges Support For Olejeme’s Governorship Bid
- 2015: Group Commends PDP, Governors’ Forum on Jonathan
- Nigeria: When a People Suffer Primary Dementia
- R/S APC Hails Governor Amaechi, Parker on Ebola Containment
- Akpabio’s Era and the Reality in Oro Nation
- Stephen Davis Responds to Asari Dokubo, Reveals More on Boko Haram
- 2015 Presidency And Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s Betrayal
- Amnesty Int’l Fighting for Human Rights or Sponsor of Boko Haram?
- Willie Obiano and the Changing Face of Awka
- Senator Ibikunle Amosun, You Lied! - Prince Adeniji-Adele
- Udom Emmanuel; Faces of Phases of Akwa Ibom State Governance
- 2015 Okigwe Zone: We Need Progressive Leaders - Group
- How to Avoid the Repetition of Corrupt Government
- Enugu 2015 and Chime’s Belated ‘Stomach Infrastructure’
- Absurdity of Media Clampdown in Enugu
- Vicissitudes of Orji Uzor Kalu and His Endless Lamentation
- Arsenal annual financial figures shows £4.7million profit in 2013/14
- Mayweather Defeats Maidana By Unanimous Decision Again
- Mayweather Must Counter Maidana’s Thuggery to Prevail
- Sexual harassment does not exist in Nollywood - Adokiye Kyrian
- Nigeria Super Eagles to Face South Africa in a Qualifier Crucial Game
- Keshi Bows to Pressure, Invites Uche for Bafana Bafana
- Anambra Sets Up Onyeanwuna Burial Committee
- Nigeria suffers 2-3 home defeat in Cup of Nations qualifier
- Money, Tradition, Legacy Fueling Mayweather-Pacquiao Mega-Fight?
- Anambra Plans State burial for Football Legend, Onyeanwuna
- NFF Elections: Battle for the Soul of the Nigerian Football Rages
- AFCON: Super Eagles Players Hit Camp for Congo, South Africa Matches
- Transfer Deadline: Done Deals for 2014\2015 Season
- Chinyere Ogwumike Joins Sister in Historic Rookie of Year Award
- Oluchi Orlandi Is Host of the First Edition of ‘Le Petite Marche Africa’
- Sanchez Scores as Arsenal Qualify for Champions League
- Christopher Giwa Emerges New President of Nigeria Football Federation
- AFCON 2017: Libya Relinquishes Hosting Rights
- Super Eagles Job: I Have Moved On – Stephen Keshi
- President Jonathan Hails Falconets’ Qualification for World Cup Finals
- Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after iCloud Hacking Scandal
- Porn or Pop? Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea’s raunchy Booty video
- EFCC Arrests Two Suspects for $7.9m Scam
- Bank IT worker declared wanted for $40m cyber-theft
- 67 S. Africans killed in Synagogue church collapse
- Nigerian caught in private jet smuggling $9.3m cash to SA
- Nigeria warplane used in fighting boko haram missing
- Oscar Pistorius found Guilty of Girlfriends' Manslaughter
- Oscar Pristorius found Negligent, but not Guilty of Murder
- BREAKING: Pistorius cleared of premeditated murder
- Nigeria says 'no evidence' US air marshal attacked in Lagos
- Sex Slaves: Like Boko haram, ISIS also kidnaps young girls
- Leaked Nude Photos of Celebrities Released Online
- Nigeria’s poverty level drops by 2.1%
- Former Governor Sylva’s Uncle Dies in Kidnappers’ Den after N5m ransom was paid