- By Martins Ezigwe
The Nigerian Senate this week received the report of its join sanding committees on the discovery of floating bodies, suspected to be those of detainees in police custody. The committees are the Senate committee on Police Affairs led by Senator Igwe Paulinus Nwagu and The senate Committee on Security & National Intelligence
led by Senator Mohammed Maigoro.The joint committee was headed by Senator Nwagu.
Anambra State Commisssioner of Health, dropped the hint while speaking to newsmen yesterday, but did not offer details.
Over 50-55 lifeless bodies were counted by journalists who rushed to Amansea a border town in Anambra State to witness the bizarre site when the new broke.
Villagers in the border town said the bodies were more in umber as many had been swept on by the current of the fast-flowing Ezu River (At Amansea). Police however claimed that 18 bodies were retrieved and buried beside the river bed on the orders f Anambra State Government.
The Senate Committee Visited Anambra and Enugu on February 12 and 23, 2013.On its first visit, he joint committee held a public hearing in the Multi-purpose Hall of Government House Awka and visiting Ezu River. On its second visit, the joint committee took additional testimonies from communities and groups in camera at Amansea before visiting such installations as the State Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) office of the Anambra State Police Command in Awkuzu.
The committee also interrogated the records and met with the Administrative judge in the Federal High Court Awka, Nigerian Prisons Service in Awka and Enugu and other locations unknown to the public.
The Senate is receiving the report at a time the facts of the case have also been independently placed before the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands
- Chibok: 11 parents of Nigeria's abducted girls die
- Nyako Was impeached because unable to pay Lawmakers N20 Billion - APC
- Where is the 200m released for Lead Poisoning Treatment in Zamfara
- Serial Killings of Muslims of Ngoshe, Chikide, Gavva, Agapalawa Villages in Borno State
- Boko Haram Takes Control of Damboa Town in Borno, Hoists Flag
- Ex Adamawa Governor, Nyako Flees Nigeria
- Security: tracking online activities for cyber terrorism, espionage, int'l crime
- Tobacco Smoking Bill: Memo Submitted by Environmental Groups
- BRICS establish $100bn bank and currency pool to cut out Western dominance
- What Happened To 5.1 Billion Naira Owerri North Council Funds?
- BREAKING NEWS: Governor Murtala Nyako Impeached!
- Impeachment: Panel indicts Nyako, absolves deputy
- Breaking News! Lawmakers Commence Impeachment against Nasarawa State Governor
- Peter Obi Refused to join PDP - Sources
- Germany Wins the World Cup, beat Argentina 1-0
- Nyesom Wike Finally Resigns As Education Minister (State)
- Oladejo Lamikanra SAN- the lawyer who lied his way to the top
- Anambra Governor Obiano Wastes Tax Payers Money on Foreign Jamboree
- FG confirms Investigating politicians of Party sponsoring Boko Haram
- APC Abandons Govs Nyako and Oshiomhole to Feel PDP Bite
- Mr. Buhari’s Problem
- $1b Loan: APC Calls For New Thinking, Not Money, To Tackle Boko Haram
- APC Youths React to Trend of Impeachment in the Country
- Group Petitions NSA, IG over Collection of Voters Card
- PDP Youth Frontier Press Release on the State of the Nation
- Oby Ezekwesili and her Rabble rousing
- Intrepidity of a Leader for Equity in Abia State
- Lagos 2015; Why Is Obanikoro Afraid of Fair Contest?
- Jonathan Lauds Oshiomhole for Attracting Investments to Edo State
- The Harassment of Oby Ezekwesili by SSS is Obnoxious
- The Face of Rauf In Osun
- President Jonathan Saddened By Demise of Rilwanu Lukman
- Omisore Is Desperate!
- The $1Billion Dollar Question Jonathan Must Answer - Bola Tinubu
- Olejeme is unstoppable –Ika Elders
- Killing the king on the slaughter bed of deadly city of Chibok
- In Defence of Oluremi Tinubu
- Re: High Tech Election Rigging How Feasible?
- Why Aregbesola Is the Best Candidate
- Mass Killing of Xtians & Burning Of Churches: Group Petitions Pope
- French Star, Evra Completes Juve Move
- Chisora Opts out of Tyson Fury Saturday Bout
- I am still in the National Team – Enyeama
- Bolt, Farah, Wiggins and Fraser for Glasgow Commonwealth
- Nigeria striker rejected by keshi, signed for club record fee
- Manny Pacquiao Announces Fight with Algieri
- Louis van Gaal Starts Work at Manchester United
- Battle of Ogwumikes: Elder Nneka Prevails Over Chinyere in Historic Matchup
- Maradona, Blatter Disagree with Messi best-player award
- Scolari 'sacked' as Brazil manager after World Cup failure
- Germany Wins the World Cup!
- World Cup Finals Preview: Argentina vs. Germany
- Alvarez Survives Attrition War with Determined Lara
- Suarez Confirms Barcelona Move
- World Cup Third–place preview: Brazil vs Netherlands
- 200 Ghanaian Fans seek Religious Asylum in Brazil
- Rising Star Alvarez’s Risky Showdown Against Lara
- FIFA bans Nigeria from international football competitions
- Keshi Demands a N10m-month Contract
- World Cup Semi-final Match Preview: Argentina vs Netherlands
- Tulisa Drug Trial Collapse: 'Fake Sheikh' Suspended
- Facebook banned these Women's Rowing Team's Naked Calendar
- US Court awards $23 billion punitive damages against major cigarette company
- Bolt, Farah, Wiggins and Fraser for Glasgow Commonwealth
- Bizarre: Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old woman for second time
- Disgusting! Looters Stole Cash, Credit Cards, and Jewelry from Flight MH17 Crash Victims
- Appeal court overturns Berlusconi convictions in underage sex case
- Malaysian plane crashes in Ukraine: BBC updates
- Tulisa supplied cocaine after she was offered Hollywood film role
- Cheryl Cole secretly weds French boyfriend after just 3 months of dating
- Pope Francis says 1 out of 50 Catholic clergy paedophiles
- Danish Man dies in Magaluf hotel balcony fall
- Magaluf Mamading Video Pub Crawl Organiser Won't Apologise
- Did Steven and Kimberly just have sex on Big Brother!
- Rihanna treats fan to ‘lapdance’, but he doesn’t look happy