- Written by elombah.com
Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade Olubuse 11 on Thursday in his palace in the ancient city of Ile- Ife stated that Nigeria is lucky to have the person of President Goodluck Jonathan at this time in the history of the nation and pledged his support for his continuity. "The country is lucky to have you as our leader at this time in our nation's history, our duty is to pray for you,God is already supporting you, we will support you and you will not fail", the monarch declared.
The Ooni recalled that the title of the Ohun Orun(Voice from Heaven) given to the President was symbolic as he believes in his capability to perform.
"We know you can perform and you have performed. we don't play politics" and by the special grace of God, you will make it," the Ooni said.
The royal majesty also commended Vice-President Namadi Sambo for his good works and re-echoed the description of him by the Emir of Kano as one of the best Nigerians the country has produced.
President Jonathan earlier assured the Ooni of his determination to run an open and all inclusive government where no one will be discriminated against.
He assured him that the coming elections will be free and fair stating that security will be provided to quarantee the security and safety of the peoples votes.
Jonathan told the royal monarch that his desire was to see a drastic reduction in litigation cases as such usually lingers long and said Nigerians should be allowed to choose their leaders.
Before going to the rally ground in Oshogbo, President Jonathan paid a visit to the Ataoja of Oshogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji Olanipekun Aroye 11 where he also restated his commitment to transform the nation.
He told the Ataoja that government has introduced guidelines that will assist both the federal and state governments in interventions on projects and enjoined state governors to avail themselves with the guidelines in order to remedy urgent cases particurlaly as it concerns road rehabilitations.
- UPDATE: NDLEA in Masks, Storm Kashamu’s Residence for Extradition
- How Obiano Bought PDP Candidates with N250m to Discontinue Court Cases against APGA
- Shame: Nigeria, Africa's largest oil producer crippled by fuel shortages
- Happening Now: Farewell Service for Chukwumerije at Abuja Airport [Photos]
- Tony Anenih Resigns as PDP BoT Chairman
- Breaking News! Muazu Resigns as PDP Chairman with immediate effect!
- [Correction] Unizik Vice Chancellor Suspends SUG President after he alleged corruption
- Jonathan incurs N5tn domestic debt in 5 years, Governors incurred $5.85b
- Boko Haram Militants Raped Hundreds of Female Captives in Nigeria
- How the Seventh National Assembly Failed Nigerians [Part 2]
- Out-going governors created the NGF crisis - Dickson
- Disastrous Performance of the 7th National Assembly of Nigeria- Part One
- Nigeria is too poor for our leaders to act like multi-billionaires
- Why the ongoing immigration recruitment must be cancelled, by Muhammadu Buhari
- [Update] Nigerian Federal Secretariat Engulfed in Fire
- Lamido Sanusi: Unanswered questions on Nigeria’s missing $20bn
- Ndigbo and Nicodemus visits to Buhari
- Arase Confirmed as IG Police, Suleiman sacked due to indisciline
- Understanding the Structure and Philosophy of the New Biafra Struggle for Independence
- Nigeria Dirtiest Health Fraud: FMC, Owerri Medical Director in Unlimited Looting Spree
- Buhari should not travel outside the country without telling you
- While they slept; Sen. Okowa rigged Delta State guber election to coast to victory
- Buhari should tax the rich more and raise minimum wage, by Ahmed Adamu
- Majority of APC States Cannot Pay Salaries because Governors stole wages
- Buhari should step on toes including those who funded his campaign – Chekwas
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Enemies of Nigeria, by Kevin Udeinya Onovo
- Buhari: A New Set of Values, by C. Don Adinuba
- The legalities of AGF's directive on Wike's swearing-in, by Aloy Ejimakor
- The Concept of Zoning is a Bye Product of Onye gburu Achara…by Ben Aduba
- Joe Igbokwe: Another APC propagandist dancing Amaechi’s desperate tune
- 11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In As Governor On May 29
- How to Stop Dogs Being Rough with Children, by Jerry Akinluyi
- Igbos, Stop Entertaining Fear! By Kabiru Tsakuwa
- FMC, Owerri: In defense of Angela Uwakwem, by Onwuasoanya Jones
- Rochas Okorocha: How Architect Franklin Okoli Was Brutally Murdered [pt. 3]
- APGA state chairmanship: Why Chinedu Nkwonta deserves a chance, by H. Madubueze
- Okonjo-Iweala: a hero or villain? By Uwa Eghomeka
- The peoples’ General mounts the saddle, by Okoi Obono-Obla
- Still on Fayose’s stomach infrastructure, by Olalekan Adigun
- Why Okonjo Iweala is Different from Alison-Madueke, by Ebun Asagbe
- NBA Eastern Conference Finals: Cavaliers Stun Hawks 97-89
- Photo: See where volunteers that trekked for GEJ slept in Bayelsa
- NBA Western Conference Finals Game One: Warriors 110,Rockets 106
- Oshiomhole’s new wife performs first role as First Lady
- Photonews: Buhari, Dignitaries present as Oshiomhole Wed his Heartthrob
- NBA Playoffs: Warriors, Hawks, Cavaliers Alive; Houston in Trouble
- Bayern Beats Barcelona 3-2
- Zik’s first son, Chukwuma Azikiwe dies at 75
- Alvarez Whacks Game James Kirkland in Round Three
- UK doctor from Nigeria and wife illegally enslaved man for 24 years
- Mayweather Frustrates Pacquiao in Victory Number 48
- Mayweather beats Pacquiao in the 'fight of the century'
- Rio Ferdinand’s wife, Rebecca dies of cancer
- Nollywood actor Peter Bunor dies
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: PacMan Not Underdog in Grudge Match
- Klitschko Defeats Bryant Jennings by Unanimous Decision
- Senegal Drops Nigeria from FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup ticket
- NBA playoffs Preview: Title up for Grabs
- Super Sand Eagles Thrash Egypt 4-1, Qualifies for Semi-final
- Seychelles 2015: Sand Eagles Hammer hosts 10-1
- Highlights of the 47th Ordinary Session of the Authority of ECOWAS Heads of State and Govt
- West African leaders shelve third-term ban proposal
- Obama Sends Kerry to lead US delegation at Buhari’s inauguration
- Nigeria 2015: Beyond the Ballot
- Man wrongly imprisoned for nearly 40 years sues detectives
- ECOWAS Accra Summit to Review Regional Political, Security Situation
- ECOWAS Council of Ministers Ends 74th Ordinary Session in Accra
- Chuka Umunna Withdraws from Labour Leadership Bid
- Burundi coup bid: Some coup leaders arrested
- Asia tops biggest global school rankings
- BREAKING: Burundi General Declares Coup against President Nkurunziza
- Nigerian Senators, Reps cornered N600bn in 4 years but passed only 106 bills
- US State Department Hosts Conference Call with Stakeholders on Nigerian Elections
- U.S. drone kills Yemeni al Qaeda Chief linked to Paris killings
- Bizarre: 3 women rape man at gunpoint to collect his semen