- By elombah.com
Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade Olubuse 11 on Thursday in his palace in the ancient city of Ile- Ife stated that Nigeria is lucky to have the person of President Goodluck Jonathan at this time in the history of the nation and pledged his support for his continuity. "The country is lucky to have you as our leader at this time in our nation's history, our duty is to pray for you,God is already supporting you, we will support you and you will not fail", the monarch declared.
The Ooni recalled that the title of the Ohun Orun(Voice from Heaven) given to the President was symbolic as he believes in his capability to perform.
"We know you can perform and you have performed. we don't play politics" and by the special grace of God, you will make it," the Ooni said.
The royal majesty also commended Vice-President Namadi Sambo for his good works and re-echoed the description of him by the Emir of Kano as one of the best Nigerians the country has produced.
President Jonathan earlier assured the Ooni of his determination to run an open and all inclusive government where no one will be discriminated against.
He assured him that the coming elections will be free and fair stating that security will be provided to quarantee the security and safety of the peoples votes.
Jonathan told the royal monarch that his desire was to see a drastic reduction in litigation cases as such usually lingers long and said Nigerians should be allowed to choose their leaders.
Before going to the rally ground in Oshogbo, President Jonathan paid a visit to the Ataoja of Oshogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji Olanipekun Aroye 11 where he also restated his commitment to transform the nation.
He told the Ataoja that government has introduced guidelines that will assist both the federal and state governments in interventions on projects and enjoined state governors to avail themselves with the guidelines in order to remedy urgent cases particurlaly as it concerns road rehabilitations.
- Northern Leaders Should Fight this not Jonathan
- “Don’t Grant Waiver To Ribadu, Marwa, Gundiri, Modibbo And Kama”
- EXPOSED: Details of the Ebola Virus Doctor Which the Government Hides
- Breaking News: Sheriff, Ihejirika Named Boko Haram Sponsors, Elrufai also implicated
- Details of 27 Council Funds Squandered by Governor Okorocha
- Nigerian politicians are Boko Haram’s “primary" Sponsors – Stephen Davis
- "We Ran Out Of Ammunition" - Nigeria Soldiers Who Fled Into Cameroon
- Ogun State: Gauging Amosun Welfare Package on a Scale
- Nigerian Soldiers Flee from Boko Haram to Cameroon
- Documents showing Peter Obi left N86bn for Willie Obiano
- Redeployment of AIGs: Intersociety Rejects Exclusion of Southeast Zone
- Betrayal In Anambra; Obiano Sets To Play Fast One On Obi
- My two day working visit to Akwa Ibom State - part 1
- BREAKING: Nigeria Records Two Fresh Ebola Secondary cases
- BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Invades Police Training College
- Labaran Maku Vows to Become Nasarawa State Governor in 2015
- El Rufai ridicules Ribadu's return to PDP
- BREAKING: Lagos Confirms Five New Ebola Cases
- Mutiny! We will Not Fight Boko Haram – Soldiers
- BREAKING NEWS! Ebola Kills a Doctor that Attended to Sawyer
- Please Leave APC Out of APGA, PDP Quarrel!
- Open Letter to Mr President on Why Diezani Deserves to Be Sacked
- Dissecting Ikimi’s Bikini Problem and His Hatred for Tinubu
- How President Jonathan Is Empowering Nigerian Youths
- The Australian Buffoon, El Rufai's Idiocy and Ihejirika's Outburst
- Mr. Aniekan John Umanah: Garland on a Gold
- James Foley Murder, the British and Biafran Story
- Nuhu Ribadu: The Futility of Trying to Stand Erect on a Moving, Rocking Boat
- Dora Akunyili All the Way!
- Was Admiral Murtala Nyako a Liability to APC?
- Why Jonathan's 'Rest' Is dangerous for US All
- Ebola: In Times Like This, Conspiracy Theory Appeals
- Boko Haram Republic of Northern Nigeria: A Good Idea (Part II)
- APGA: Maja Umeh As a Quintessential Senator
- Eulogy by First Lady of Anambra: Remembering Prof Dora Akunyili
- Derivation, Revenue Allocation Formula, and Appropriate Loot Sharing Ratio among the Elites
- Eulogy delivered By Willie Obiano in Honour of Late Prof. Dora Akunyili
- Boko Haram Republic of Gwoza: a Bad Idea and Bad Omen
- Press Release - Strengthening Political Party Campaign Finance ahead of 2015
- Ezuruezu Mbaise’s Naked Dance over Iri Ji Mbaise Incident
- Chinyere Ogwumike Joins Sister in Historic Rookie of Year Award
- Oluchi Orlandi Is Host of the First Edition of ‘Le Petite Marche Africa’
- Sanchez Scores as Arsenal Qualify for Champions League
- Christopher Giwa Emerges New President of Nigeria Football Federation
- AFCON 2017: Libya Relinquishes Hosting Rights
- Super Eagles Job: I Have Moved On – Stephen Keshi
- President Jonathan Hails Falconets’ Qualification for World Cup Finals
- Jonathan hails Falonet's Qualification for under-20 female world cup final
- Fifa Rejects Barcelona FC Transfer Ban Appeal
- Suarez Unveiled at Barcelona FC; Promises Not to Bite Again
- AFCON Qualifier List: Osaze, Moses, Ideye Left Out
- Spanish Super Cup Preview: Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid
- England Kell Brook Stuns Shawn Porter, Wins Title
- Van Gaal Loses Debut Premiership Home Game at Old Trafford
- Keshi’s Passing Grade Needed In Other Sectors
- Nigeria Climbs a Step in the New FIFA Ranking
- Boxing: Fury and Chisora Get New Rematch Date
- Wayne Rooney Named New Manchester United Captain
- Ronaldo’s Brace Earns Real Super Cup Win
- Howard Webb Retires As Match Referee; Appointed Technical Director
- Former Governor Sylva’s Uncle Dies in Kidnappers’ Den after N5m ransom was paid
- Ebola: 4 Indian Doctors from Nigeria Quarantined
- Boko Haram clashes with Cameroon soldiers in cross-border attacks
- Lagos massage parlours where sex is ‘after-service’ bonus - Punch
- Nigeria’s 419 Scammers Trade Up to Info-Stealing Trojan Attacks
- Nigeria Attractive to Investors Despite Challenges, Says Aganga
- Pro-Russian rebels plan to sabotage investigation into Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 crash
- Kim Kardashian sex tape star Ray J charged with 10 crimes
- Tulisa Drug Trial Collapse: 'Fake Sheikh' Suspended
- Facebook banned these Women's Rowing Team's Naked Calendar
- US Court awards $23 billion punitive damages against major cigarette company
- Bolt, Farah, Wiggins and Fraser for Glasgow Commonwealth
- Bizarre: Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old woman for second time
- Disgusting! Looters Stole Cash, Credit Cards, and Jewelry from Flight MH17 Crash Victims
- Appeal court overturns Berlusconi convictions in underage sex case