- Written by elombah.com
Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade Olubuse 11 on Thursday in his palace in the ancient city of Ile- Ife stated that Nigeria is lucky to have the person of President Goodluck Jonathan at this time in the history of the nation and pledged his support for his continuity. "The country is lucky to have you as our leader at this time in our nation's history, our duty is to pray for you,God is already supporting you, we will support you and you will not fail", the monarch declared.
The Ooni recalled that the title of the Ohun Orun(Voice from Heaven) given to the President was symbolic as he believes in his capability to perform.
"We know you can perform and you have performed. we don't play politics" and by the special grace of God, you will make it," the Ooni said.
The royal majesty also commended Vice-President Namadi Sambo for his good works and re-echoed the description of him by the Emir of Kano as one of the best Nigerians the country has produced.
President Jonathan earlier assured the Ooni of his determination to run an open and all inclusive government where no one will be discriminated against.
He assured him that the coming elections will be free and fair stating that security will be provided to quarantee the security and safety of the peoples votes.
Jonathan told the royal monarch that his desire was to see a drastic reduction in litigation cases as such usually lingers long and said Nigerians should be allowed to choose their leaders.
Before going to the rally ground in Oshogbo, President Jonathan paid a visit to the Ataoja of Oshogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji Olanipekun Aroye 11 where he also restated his commitment to transform the nation.
He told the Ataoja that government has introduced guidelines that will assist both the federal and state governments in interventions on projects and enjoined state governors to avail themselves with the guidelines in order to remedy urgent cases particurlaly as it concerns road rehabilitations.
- Boko Haram: The Plight of Internally Displaced Persons in Lagos
- Tinubu compelled Osinbajo to take oath of resignation after 6 months as VP -PDP
- Update: Ebonyi HA Serves Impeachment Notice to Gov Elechi
- Photonews: President Jonathan Tours Boko Haram Flashpoints in 3 States
- Jega to receive notice of terminal leave next week - APC
- Boko haram: Army chief says war is almost over
- President Jonathan defies critics ahead of Nigeria polls - Financial Times
- Deadly Explosion rips through Bus, kills 10 on outskirts of Potiskum
- Fleeing Boko Haram Calls For Ceasefire
- Bizarre! 7yrs Old Suicide Bomber Blows Self in Potiskum
- Inside Story Of Missing $20bn - NNPC
- Boko Haram Release 158 Abducted Women
- Boko Haram: Troops Retakes Dikwa and Gwoza Training Base
- African Forces aim to Wipe out Boko Haram Starting next month
- Gov Amosun Raises Alarm: 600,000 Strange PVCs in Ogun State!
- Nigerian Military kills over 300 Boko Haram Militants in Battle of Monguno
- Update: Rivers Multiple Explosion Kill Policeman, Disrupts Rivers APC Guber Rally
- Labour Party Chairman, Nwanyanwu Resigns
- Appeal Court dismisses APC suit against Fayose
- BREAKING: Obasanjo Abandons PDP, Tears Membership Card!
- Nigeria: Looking Beyond Electoral promises (1)
- Nigeria: In a Quest for a True Father
- Ms. Okonjo-Iweala Did Not Betray Nigeria
- Umeh lied, yet to clear weighty allegations, unfit for Senate
- Mr Netanyahu Is the Greatest Threat to Israeli Security
- Shooting of Fatah activist could doom security cooperation
- Mrs. Aisha Buhari: The Mother Nigerians are Yearning For!
- Dealing with Food Aggression in Dogs
- Umeh lied on Odenigbo, yet to answer to allegations
- The Struggle for the Soul of Nigeria as Corruption fights back
- Buhari's Chatham house speech of contradictions
- Buhari is a better Christian than Jonathan
- N5bn Scam on Jonathan: Igbo Leaders Condemns Ohanaeze
- For God, For Country, For Glory!
- My Message to the Dogs & Baboons
- Imo widows place curses on Okorocha, Ndi Eze Imo, others
- Democratic Impunity!
- Photonews: Life returns to Mubi after troops recapture town from Boko Haram
- Prosecute Buhari for Kidnapping Umaru Dikko in London in 1984
- Vote Tonight at Fox News for Adanna Duru in American Idol to Win the Top Price
- Arsenal chief wants to sack Arsene Wenger and hire Thierry Henry as manager
- Why Mario Balotelli MUST be in the Liverpool line-up against Manchester City this afternoon
- Keshi Says Nigeria Offered Him 'Slave contract'
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century
- Shocking Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Push Black Man Out of a Moving Train In Paris
- Kanu Nwankwo voted 13th greatest Arsenal player
- Cote D'ivorie Wins African Cup of Nations
- AFCON 2015 Final: Cote d’Ivoire vs Ghana
- AFCON 2015: Ouedraogo commends teams ECOWAS
- Chelsea draw Man City 1-1, remain five points clear
- Breaking News: Former Eagles goalkeeper Agbonivbare is dead
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or over Lionel Messi & Manuel Neuer
- Tennis champion Serena Williams says coffee helped her beat Pennetta
- Steven Ukoh to play for Nigeria, ditches Switzerland
- David Beckham Son Receives Special Protection During Arsenal Youth Matches
- Heat Spoil James Return, Beating Cavaliers 101-91
- Amir Khan Gives Alexander Boxing Lesson
- LeBron James’ Principled Stance against Injustice
- Fawole John Oyeyemi: Nigeria Modern Archetype Of Chess
- World Strongest Footballer Never Played for Nigeria
- Thousands Protest in Cameroon over Boko Haram, as Fighting Intensifies
- Picture of IS Axe Man 'Jihadi John' as Student Shown
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow
- Rwandan singer jailed for plot to kill president
- Foreign trader burned in S. Africa petrol bomb attack
- President Outtara Urges Joint Action against Statelessness in W Africa
- ECOWAS Moves to Make Its Volunteer Programme Sustainable
- US Auditor Commits Suicide after Declaring for Guber Race
- Iran Blows Up Mock US Aircraft Carrier in Latest Drills
- ECOWAS Members Adopt a Declaration on Eradication of Statelessness in W Africa
- 10 yr old Schoolgirl Esther Okade Enrols In University Maths Degree
- 90 Christians abducted by ISIL in Syria
- Abidjan to host 1st ministerial conference on statelessness in W Africa
- ECOWAS Expresses Solidarity with Nigeria, Urges Peaceful, Credible Elections
- Man beats wife on wedding night after failing to get her dress off