- Written by elombah.com
Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade Olubuse 11 on Thursday in his palace in the ancient city of Ile- Ife stated that Nigeria is lucky to have the person of President Goodluck Jonathan at this time in the history of the nation and pledged his support for his continuity. "The country is lucky to have you as our leader at this time in our nation's history, our duty is to pray for you,God is already supporting you, we will support you and you will not fail", the monarch declared.
The Ooni recalled that the title of the Ohun Orun(Voice from Heaven) given to the President was symbolic as he believes in his capability to perform.
"We know you can perform and you have performed. we don't play politics" and by the special grace of God, you will make it," the Ooni said.
The royal majesty also commended Vice-President Namadi Sambo for his good works and re-echoed the description of him by the Emir of Kano as one of the best Nigerians the country has produced.
President Jonathan earlier assured the Ooni of his determination to run an open and all inclusive government where no one will be discriminated against.
He assured him that the coming elections will be free and fair stating that security will be provided to quarantee the security and safety of the peoples votes.
Jonathan told the royal monarch that his desire was to see a drastic reduction in litigation cases as such usually lingers long and said Nigerians should be allowed to choose their leaders.
Before going to the rally ground in Oshogbo, President Jonathan paid a visit to the Ataoja of Oshogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji Olanipekun Aroye 11 where he also restated his commitment to transform the nation.
He told the Ataoja that government has introduced guidelines that will assist both the federal and state governments in interventions on projects and enjoined state governors to avail themselves with the guidelines in order to remedy urgent cases particurlaly as it concerns road rehabilitations.
- APC Finally Unveils their Northern Agenda
- Obiano: The Face of Wickedness, by Joe Martins Uzodike
- Governor Okorocha and Islamization of Imo State... why Okorocha must go
- Buruji Kashamu Responds (Man indicted in US for drug deal elected Senator in Nigeria)
- Military Storms Boko Haram Hideout in Sambisa Forest
- Buhari to Sack all Top Management, Probe and Break up NNPC
- Three Kidnapped Boys by Housemaid Found and Home
- UNCOVERED: Fraudulent Result sheets from areas won by Okorocha
- We don't know if Chibok girls can be rescued - Buhari
- PDP Calls for Cancellation of Imo Governorship Election
- List of 2015 Elected Governors, Highlights
- APC Tsunami Sweeps Out PDP Governors
- Okorocha Leads in Controversial Imo Governorship Race
- INEC Declares Tambuwal Winner Sokoto Guber Election
- INEC Declares El rufai Winner of Kaduna Governorship Polls
- Breaking: INEC Confirms Ugwuanyi Winner of Enugu Guber
- OGUN: INEC Declares Amosun winner with 306, 988 Votes
- Guber and State Assembly Poll Result Live Updates
- How Uwajumogu-led Legislature underdeveloped Imo State, by John Mgbe
- Court Refuses To Stop Fayose's Impeachment
- Goodluck Jonathan, the coward that led Igbo to the slaughter
- Buhari’s victory, false prophecies and raging of heathens, by Obinna Akukwe
- Emeka Offor and Ifeanyi Ubah Again Marring Ekwusigo Elections
- The Coming War Against Corruption in Nigeria, by Benjamin Aduba
- Okorocha and Uwajumogu, Free Samuelson Iwuoha Now!
- Rotational governorship and political xenophobia in Abia, by S. Akoji
- RE: Can a Christian artiste sing secular songs? By Sam Eleanya
- Not New but Now News - Case of xenophobia in S Africa, by E E Okpa
- ABIA 2015 Guber: Between winning and rigging, By Emelogu Martins
- How Buhari will Islamize Nigeria, by Olugu Orji
- Why defeating Rochas should be more important to APC than PDP, by FCC Jones
- On Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu’s electoral lead, by Don Ubani
- Tribute to Oronto Douglas, by Denja Yaqub
- Which Way, the Yoruba Ethnic Nationalities? By Nnaemeka Onumonu-Uzoaru
- Why You Should Be Eating Watermelon Seeds, Instead Of Spitting Them Out
- Jega, APC, should not take our civility for cowardice!
- Petroleum minister, Diezani Madueke Absent at FEC Meeting
- Jonathan’s Veto, Buhari’s Lesson, by Olusegun Adeniyi
- Yes, Father Mbaka was right, by Tochukwu Ezukanma
- Imo politics: Between the charlatans and the maestro, by Onwuasoanya Jones
- Senegal Drops Nigeria from FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup ticket
- NBA playoffs Preview: Title up for Grabs
- Ubah, Oduah, Ekwunife receive certificate of return
- Photos: Abia Governor Orji, 9 others receive INEC certificate of return
- Super Sand Eagles Thrash Egypt 4-1, Qualifies for Semi-final
- Seychelles 2015: Sand Eagles Hammer hosts 10-1
- Nollywood star, Desmond Elliot wins Lagos House Of Assembly Seat
- Harvest of goals as Super Falcons pound Mali 8-0
- Flying Eagles are African Champions
- Flying Eagles beat Ghana 2-0, qualifies for final
- Bolivia Pulls Out of Nigeria Friendly Match
- Flying Eagles Qualify For U-20 World Cup
- Nigeria to play South Africa in friendly on March 29
- Flying Eagles Jets Off to Senegal for AYC
- Arsenal chief wants to sack Arsene Wenger and hire Thierry Henry as manager
- Why Mario Balotelli MUST be in the Liverpool line-up against Manchester City this afternoon
- Keshi Says Nigeria Offered Him 'Slave contract'
- Mayweather Vs Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century
- Shocking Video: Racist Chelsea Fans Push Black Man Out of a Moving Train In Paris
- Kanu Nwankwo voted 13th greatest Arsenal player
- Boko Haram Cameroon attack toll rises to 19, 'many beheaded'
- Zimbabwean youths ordered to revenge xenophobia by attacking South Africans
- APC Used Police to Forment Electoral Violence in Akwa Ibom - Gov Akpabio
- ECOWAS Condemns Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa
- Orubebe's Outburst at Collation Centre Was Part of Plot to Kidnap Jega - Reuters
- Why South Africans are attacking foreign Africans but not whites - Quartz
- Judge Lifts Orders against Obasanjo's Book
- Gen Gowon Advocates Government of West Africa
- Boko haram; Abducted girls forced to carry out attacks - Amnesty
- ECOWAS Urges Greater Participation of Women in Togo Elections
- I Will Force Ministers to Declare Assets - Buhari
- Can Jones Nhinson redeem Liberia for the 2nd time in his lifetime?
- Michael Jackson paid £134m hush money to keep as many as 20 sex abuse victims quiet, lawyers claim
- Fleeing Boko Haram kill seven in attack on village in Chad
- Jonathan's Phone Call to Buhari Revealed