Fayose called on the federal government to desist from deceiving Nigerians with fallacies of defeat of Boko Haram insurgency and return of Chibok girls. 

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has called on the federal government to desist from deceiving Nigerians with fallacies of defeat of Boko Haram insurgency and return of Chibok girls. 

Governor Fayose bared his mind in a release issued on Sunday, by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka.

Fayose also commiserated with families of the army captain and five other soldiers reportedly killed yesterday.

The said officers were killed by Boko Haram insurgents during an attacked on the Nigeria Army Brigade in Buni Yadi, Yobe State, 

Fayose maintained that the ongoing war against the Boko Haram insurgents could only be won through truthful information by the federal government and cooperation of all Nigerians.

He asked: “If indeed Boko Haram was already defeated, where are those suicide bombings and attacks coming from?” 

He said that “Nigerians are faced with many wars now, Boko Haram is just one of them and it is worrisome that we are not being told the truth about anything. 

“It is like a patient telling his doctor that nothing is wrong with him. How will such patient be treated?” 

He said it was funny that the federal government was celebrating the recovery of what they called Boko Haram flag as a sign of defeat of the insurgents while more daring attacks were being made by the same Boko Haram against the army, killing our gallant soldiers.

“The reality is that insecurity has increased in Nigeria more than President Muhammadu Buhari met it. 

Herdsmen have even killed more Nigerians than Boko Haram in the last one year while hundreds have died through extrajudicial killings by security agencies,” the governor said. 

Speaking on the 21 Chibok girls, said to have been rescued, Governor Fayose maintained that the real story behind the Chibok girls abduction will be told one day. 

He said the federal government must have to tell Nigerians why the 21 rescued Chibok girls have not returned to their families since last year October. 

“Have you ever seen anyone that will be in captivity for that long and won’t be eager to reunite with his or her family two months after regaining freedom? 

“If the girls are truly Chibok girls, their freedom must be total. They must also be allowed to tell their own stories. 

“However, as it appears, the girls may have moved from one captivity to another,” he said.

© Copyright 2016 www.elombah.com; send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; follow us on twitter handle @Elombah; like our Facebook page: "Elombah.com"

e-max.it: your social media marketing partner