- Published on Friday, 29 June 2012 23:17
- Written by Elombah.com
The National Security Adviser (NSA), Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd), has denied Media report that quoted him as saying thatat Boko Haram Insurgency In the country will be over before the commencement Of Ramadan. Dasuki yesterday visited Yobe State on his first official assignment and met with the state governor, Alhaji Ibrahim
Gaidam, who appealed to the Federal Government to deploy more troops to the state.
Some local media thereafter quoted him as saying that President Goodluck Jonathan is committed to ensuring that peace and normalcy is restored in the country, before the Ramadan fast commences.
Denying making the statements, Dasuki however canvassed for the option of dialogue with the sect to end their nefarious activities
A statement issued on Friday by the Special Assistant to the NSA on Media, Karounwi Adekunle, said: "The NSA has denied reports quoting him as putting a timeline to the end of Boko Haram Islamist sect hostility in parts of the country.
"The NSA, who is on tour of some states where Boko Haram hostility has been rampant to meet stakeholders in such areas, was quoted in some media reports to have said that an end will come to Boko Haram hostility before the commencement of Ramadan Fast.
"The NSA never at any forum in Potiskum, Damaturu, both Yobe State on Thursday or today in Maiduguri, Borno State said he will bring an end to the sect's hostility before the start of Ramadan fast.
"His cogent message in all the meetings he's held so far with some stakeholders is the need for leaders to reach out and prevail on Boko Haram members to cease fire so as to create room for dialogue.
"This clarification has become necessary to avoid further spread of this misinformation and unnecessary insinuations."