- Published on Wednesday, 04 July 2012 16:36
- Written by Elombah.com
The Nigeria Police has said that the alleged audio and video recordings over the $3million bribery scandal involving Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola is not enough to prosecute the lawmaker. The Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, who spoke on the bribery scandal, said there was not enough evidence to prosecute
Lawan, and asked for the full clips of the recordings.
The Police spokesperson demanded for the full video component of the recording. He said that without the whole recordings, going to court will be a waste of time.
“You just don’t rush to court for the fun of charging people to court. That is why courts are congested and that is why we don’t make progress. It does not make sense. It is unproductive; it is a waste of public resource.” he said.
A local newspaper also said the police has advised Nigerians not to be carried away by the release of purported audio recordings of conversations in the $3million bribery scandal involving Honourable Farouk Lawan and oil mogul, Femi Otedola.
Mr Mba noted that, with the evidence so far obtained, it will amount to a waste of time and public resources to rush to court.