- Published on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 21:46
- Written by Elombah.com
The Director of Nigeria's State Security Service, SSS, Bauchi State has confirmed that story of Bomb Blast In the NYSC Camp in Bauchi State is untrue. A little known online blogger has started the rumour when it posted the story of a Bomb Blast in Bauchi NYSC Camp, with more than 50 people dead.
Reports of resumed violence in Tse and Shong villages in Plateau state which is said to have claimed about one hundred and forty lives was also debunked by the Defence Headquarters.
Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petrin, who was represented by the Chief of Administration, Rear Admiral Dele Ezeoba told journalists in Abuja that the said attack never happened; instead peace and normalcy have been restored in the area affected by recent violent attacks.
He added that the police is working together with other security agencies to address the security situation in Plateau and indeed the entire country.
The Nigerian Police Force also called on Nigerians to disregard speculations of a bomb attack at the Bauchi state NYSC orientation camp, which is reported to have killed 50 corps members.
Force spokesman, CSP Frank Mba, denied any such occurrence and urged Nigerians to desist from spreading such rumors especially in the face of serious security challenges.
He further added that the inspector general of police has ordered the beefing up of security around the various orientation camps across the nation.
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) had earlier said there was no bomb blast in the National Youth Service Corps orientation camp in Bauchi.
NEMA spokesman, Yushau Shuaibu, said in an SMS that the reported killing of over 50 corps members in a blast was untrue.
“NEMA wishes to inform the public that there wasn’t any explosion in Bauchi today as has been speculated,” he said.