* Nigeria: Financial Crisis – Pension Fund At Risk *
STRONG indications emerged at the weekend that over N220 billion pension contributions invested in the capital market by Pension Fund Administrators (PFAs), may have been adversely affected by the bearish trend in the stock market, making PFAs stand the risk of returning losses on their investments.
* Nigeria: Shell Plans U.S. $3 Billion Loan to Lift Oil Sector *
Royal Dutch Shell plans to lend Nigeria more than $3bn to sustain oil production and investment threatened by the lack of government funding.
* Nigeria: Police Rescue 12-Year-Old Girl 14 – Hours after Being Abducted and Raped *
Cases of abduction and kidnap are, no doubt, some of the crucial challenges currently being faced by government in Nigeria.
* Nigeria: Trader Delivers Sextuplets in Sagamu *
A 32 YEAR -old petty trader, Mrs. Amuda Ajoke Bello was in the early hours of yesterday delivered of sextuplets at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu.
* Nigeria: Gurara Water Project – FG Targets 430 Megawatts of Electricity *
THE Federal Government is targeting the generation of at least 430 megawatts of electricity, in the additional component of the Gurara Water project, under construction since 2001, it was revealed
weekend in Abuja.
* Nigeria: Ekiti – ‘AC Ahead of PDP’ *
JOE Igbokwe is the publicity secretary of Action Congress, AC, in Lagos State. In this interview with Sunday Politics, he explains why Lagos AC condemned former Vice President Atiku Abubakar‘s visit to his former boss, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, adding that it is a colossal betrayal.
* Nigeria: South South Leaders Flay Appointments in Oil Sector *
ALL the governors of the South South states of the country brainstormed in a crucial socio-political and economic meeting, Friday, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State and condemned the recent appointments in the oil, gas and energy sectors at the federal level.
* Nigeria: Ports Congestion – NPA Bars Vessels from Entering Country *
TO ease congestion at the ports, the Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA, has suspended the entrance of vessels into the Apapa Ports until mid-April.
* Nigeria: Assassins Kill Ebo, PDP Chieftain in Abia *
A PDP chieftain, Mr. Rex Ebo was, Thursday night, killed by unknown persons in Umuahia.
* Nigeria: What a Bloody Weekend! Gunmen Attack Footballers *
Seven supporters of Ocean Boys Football Club of Yenagoa lay dead, yesterday, after an unprovoked attack on their bus by gunmen at Ughweru near Ughelli in Delta State.
* Nigeria: Politicians Blamed for Religious Crisis in Bauchi *
CHRISTIANS in the 19 northern states and Abuja have blamed politicians and religious leaders in the north for the religious crisis in Bauchi State.
* Nigeria: Trailer Crushes Bus Conductor ‘Gongo Aso’ *
IT was a gory scene yesterday evening at Mile II Bridge along Oshodi./Apapa Expressway as a trailer with Reg. No. KJ340BDG conveying two 20′ containers ran into a commercial bus aka Danfo with Reg. No. XM249BDG crushing the Danfo conductor.
* Nigeria: White Paper on Electoral Reform Committee Ready – Yar’Adua *
AGAINST agitation by various interest groups for timely action on the report of the Justice Mohammed Uwais-led Electoral Reform Committee, the Federal Government says the White Paper on the report is now ready and had concluded plans to begin its discussion.
* Nigeria: Forcados River Washing Away Bayelsa Community *
FOR indigenes of Anibeze, a predominantly riverine fishing and farming settlement located on the bank of the Forcados River in the Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, this is certainly not the best of times, going by the river erosion that has slowly, but gradually washed away parts of the community over the last 20 years.
* Nigeria: UN Raises Rights Issues Against Govt *
The United Nations (UN) Human Rights Council has asked Nigeria to address 32 issues to improve on the human rights situation in the country.