Elombah
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

200 pardoned soldiers dismissed again over redeployment saga

111

The soldiers pardoned for various offences during Boko Haram onslaughts in the North East rejected the various postings because, according to them, they were yet to be issued appointment letters.

Some pardoned soldiers

More than 200 of the soldiers who were recently pardoned and recalled after dismissal have been sacked afresh by the Nigerian Army on Monday.

The over 3,000 soldiers pardoned for various offences during Boko Haram onslaughts in the North East of Nigeria had rejected the various postings because, according to them, they were yet to be issued appointment letters.

The soldiers also complained that they have not been fully re-instated into the Army because their attempts to report to their units were rejected at their bases since they have no re-instatement letters.

The soldiers were recalled to the Nigerian Army School of Infantry, NASI, Jaji, Kaduna State for training and reintegration back into the army while 66 had their death sentences commuted to life imprisonment in December.

It was gathered that during the protest, soldiers pelted the Commanding Officer who broke the news of the deployment back to the North east, a Major General, with sachets of water.

Subsequently, eight soldiers were arrested and detained at the Military Police guardroom in Abuja for more than two weeks on suspicion of being the informers.

According to one of the soldiers, “They just called our names today and said we have been dismissed.”

The dismissed soldiers believe they were made scapegoats because, according to them, since their recall in August last year, the army had been looking for ways to get rid of them from the job.

Another affected soldier said, “My brother, they have just shown to us that the system does not care about you. 

“Right now, I am tired of the whole thing and I don’t like talking again. All I know is that I will do anything for me and my family to survive,” he added.

Meanwhile, the army is yet to confirm or deny the report, as army spokesperson, Colonel Sani Usman is yet to issue an official statement to that effect.

© Copyright 2015 www.elombah.com. Send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter handle @Elombah; like our Facebook page: “Elombah.com”


© Copyright 2020 ElombahNews.

DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via publisher@elombah.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles  to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews 

For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +2349050382526

Comments are closed.