Baring last minute change of mind, Acting President Goodluck Jonathan would drop some ministers tomorrow, Wednesday. Highly competent sources said in Abuja, that the decision to drop some of the ministers was part of Dr. Jonathan’s move to take full charge of the affairs of the nation, particularly given a series of call for him to make the best use of the period before the end of the present administration’s tenure, which now remains only 14 months.
It was learnt that the approval to hire five Special Advisers by the Acting President which was approved by Senate, last week was also part of the firming-up move.
It was learnt that Dr. Jonathan and his top aides were irked by media reports that some ministers calling themselves “12 wise men” wrote to asked that the Acting President should not dissolve the Yar’Adua cabinet.
Sources said the reports caused a disquiet in the cabinet as some of the ministers said to have signed the letter had to deny involvement in the letter, calling it the handiwork of mischief makers.
When the Acting President instituted inquiries into some contracts implementation by some ministries, it was clear that those ministers were to be removed and that it was only a matter of time.
Sources said the list of those to be removed was top secret in the presidency by minister but that Acting President informed the ministers at a meeting in Abuja, yesterday.
It was learnt that the Acting President would bring on board, people that would fast track budget implementation in the next 14 months, with a view to making significant progress in the nation’s infrastructure sector, in particular and the economy, in general