Nigerian ex-militant leader Henry Okah’s defence withdrew its bail application in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.
“I’ve been informed by my learned friends that they will stand down on their bail application,” State prosecutor Shaun Abrahams told the court.
Magistrate Hein Louw adjourned the bail application in order to hear other cases. However, he will continue with the bail application later on Thursday afternoon.
Earlier the prosecution managed to obtain a certificate from the National Director of Public Prosecutions which gave them the go ahead to charge Okah.
Okah, who told the court earlier that he had never been convicted of any crime, was sent back to the holding cells during the adjournment of his bail application was being adjourned.
He was arrested in Johannesburg after a dual car bombing killed 12 people in Nigeria’s capital, Abuja, on October 1.
Okah was charged with engaging in terrorist activities, conspiracy to engage in terrorist activity, and delivering, placing and detonating an explosive device.