Stock photography as the name implies is the storing up of licensed photographs for specific purposes, used to fulfil certain required creative and sometimes commercial needs.
Snaphubr Launches Africa’s Stock Photography Platform
Stock photography is a concept of picture capturing licensing and selling which has been in existence for decades but is still unknown in Nigeria ad most parts of Africa.
With the diversification of the photography industry, it is pertinent to introduce the craft to the African market, especially with the introduction of a truly African Stock Photography platform, Snaphubr.com.
Here are a few things you should know about Stock Photography:
1. Stock photography as the name implies is the storing up of licensed photographs for specific purposes, used to fulfil certain required creative and sometimes commercial needs.
2. One of the first major stock photography agencies was founded in 1920 by H. Armstrong Roberts, which continues today under the name RobertStock.
3. Although not a well-known craft in Nigeria and Africa in extension, the business of stock photography has been in existence for some time, with agencies like Getty Images in the forefront of pioneering and popularizing the art.
4. For many years, stock photography consisted largely of outtakes from commercial magazine assignments. By the 1980s, it had become a specialty in its own right, with photographers creating new material for the express purpose of submitting it to a stock house.
5. The 1980s saw a surge of interest into stock photography by individual freelance amateur and hobbyist photographers spurred on by the publication of a book series (5 editions 1981-1999) “Sell & Re-Sell your Photos”, Writer’s Digest Books, – RohnEngh.
6. Stock photography eliminates the cost of always hiring professional photographers as a wide range of photographs covering almost all spheres of life and art including modelling, food, ceremonies, animals, emotions, gesticulations, still life photography and regular everyday people can be easily found on platforms offering stock photographs.
7. Reputable Stock Photography platforms employs the expertise of professional photographers and also have professional photographers registered with them. Either way, the photographers get more exposure and increase the database for general consumption. With the aforementioned in mind, Snaphubr.com was set up as a truly African stock photography platform, selling Africa to Africans and the rest of the world.
With the introduction of Snaphubr.com, the sale and purchase of stock photographs has been brought closer home to the Nigerian/African populace as Snaphubr.com has made the process less-cumbersome and as cheap as possible.
Here’s how it works:
Snaphubr.com has a wide range of categories with high-quality pictures.
Photographers or photo-inclined individual who own intellectual rights to a photo register with Snaphubr.com FREE OF CHARGE and you can U.S.E Snaphubr.com. – U-pload, S-ell, E-arn.
Images on Snaphubr.com are all high definition pictures and are sold at a rate of $0.99. This is cheaper than most licensing rates obtainable on other platforms.
Snaphubr.com also offers photographers can re-sell their pictures to as many customers as is possible.
Images on Snaphubr.com are watermarked so that the owner retains his rights over the photos, preventing photo theft at the same time.
So what are you waiting for? Log on to www.snaphubr.com and start making money from your images. You can also search for Snaphubr on all social media platforms.
Ephraim Adiele is the Media Strategist at Snaphubr.
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews