The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abia State has uncovered a plot by the opposition party in Abia State, the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) to deliberately misinform and abuse the mind of the public in Abia State and Nigerians to the effect that the judges of the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal that sat in the Abia State were compromised to arrive at the well-considered judgment of that tribunal.
This is sequel to the nocturnal meetings they have been holding first, at Enugu chaired by a sitting Deputy Governor in a State in the South East and secondly at Owerri in a meeting chaired by a sitting Governor of a state in the South East.
The said meeting in the South East was towards the arrangement for the said Governor to possibly interface with the justices of the Court of Appeal to influence the outcome of the intending appeal by APGA, having failed to achieve same with the tribunal in Abia in their bogus card reader accusation
The party in Abia State therefore wishes to inform members of the public to be alert on the antics of these disgruntled and desperate politicians and be wary of being deceived. The Governor of Abia State will stay focused towards the delivery of quality services to Nde-Abia and will not be distracted by this disoriented action of frustrated individuals
It is instructive to properly inform the general public of the ratio of the erudite and well-considered judgment of their Lordships of the Abia State Governorship Elections Petitions Tribunal:
1. APGA failed woefully to prove any of the issues they formulated.
2. They were unable to convince the tribunal to declare them winners of the same election they had argued to have been marred by malpractices, violence and noncompliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended)
3. They were unable to call evidence as provided by the said Electoral Act to even attempt to prove their sweeping allegations.
4. Not even the 1st petitioner, Dr. Alex Otti himself came forward to give evidence in his own petition, making it curiously the first ever known election petition where the petitioner never gave evidence in his own petition.
5. In fact, the Court of Appeal in Owerri in throwing out the APGA appeal a week earlier in another very well considered judgment, described Alex Otti and his APGA desperados of behaving like Joshua in the Bible who felt that he could hold back time and stop the sun.
The general public is hereby advised to ignore the propaganda and spurious allegations of a drowning political party which has since failed to realize that the era of propaganda is long gone.
Charles Esonu, Esq.
State Secretary, Abia State PDP
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews