A civil action group – Mandateguard – has thrown its weight behind Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo after a critical review of the state of the nation in view of recent socio-political developments in the country.
The group, however, warned “trouble makers to retrace their steps as no person will be allowed to continuously toy and destroy the future of our youths who have become vulnerable and are now tools being exploited by the enemies of the State.”
The 3rd National Retreat of the Coordinating Council of Mandateguard was held today, Tuesday, 21st of June, 2017 in Amainyi, Ihitte-Uboma, Imo state.
The retreat had in its attendance the Convener, Chairman Coordinating Council and all State Coordinators.
At the end of the retreat, a communique was issued by the Coordinating Council of Mandateguard on the state of the nation and signed by the Director Media, Abdul Musa.
The communique reads:
A review of the state of the nation was addressed and the Council came up with the following resolutions:
• The hosting of this 3rd National Retreat in the heart of the South-East is indeed instructive;
• That Mandateguard is in support of the indivisibility of Nigeria and in line with its mandate will continue to assiduously work towards the peace, unity and progress of our nation;
• We call on all Nigerians to join hands with the Federal Government in the building of a virile and progressive nation;
• It has warned all trouble makers to retrace their steps as no person will be allowed to continuously toy and destroy the future of our youths who have become vulnerable and are now tools being exploited by the enemies of the State;
• We encourage the Acting President [Yemi Osinbajo] to continue to sue for peace as he has been doing and to assure him that we will work with the government in ensuring a clear understanding of every Nigerian on the need to live in peace and harmony;
• We urge the government to continue its on-going consultations with all stakeholders so as to restore our nation back on the path of positive reintegration;
• We call on the security agencies to take decisive and pro-active steps to forestall any break down of law and order;
• We call on all religious and opinion leaders to reign in on their members and followers to pursue peaceful co-existence in line with being our brother’s keeper;
• We invite the security agencies and Nigerian Communications Commission to ensure the apprehension of individuals that have flooded the airwaves with divisive messages thereby creating fear and uncertainty amongst Nigerians;
• We call on the Federal Government to begin to take urgent steps to re-order and re-engineer the current narratives thereby restoring the confidence of its citizens no matter the tribe or religion;
• Government must begin to drive its intervention programmes with consistent vigour to reduce the further effects of the economic downturn;
• Government should begin to drive a process of genuine process of Reconciliation, Reconstruction, and Rehabilitation of all segment of the Nigerian society that has suffered one measure or the other of distortion occasioned by physical attacks, Corruption, Nepotism, Ethnicity, Religious abuses.
We urge all Nigerians to be law abiding and continue to live in harmony.
Would you like to be receiving ALL Elombah.com news links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp? If yes, please provide us your WhatsApp number via firstname.lastname@example.org or inbox +2349050382526 and you are ready to go!
© Copyright 2017 www.elombah.com; unless otherwise indicated, all images are courtesy of Twitter; send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @Elombah; like our Facebook page: Elombah.com; join us on WhatsApp HERE