Actor Idris Elba tests positive to coronavirus
Actor Idris Elba has confirmed he has tested positive for coronavirus but says he ‘feels ok’.
The star of TV series The Wire and Luther tweeted: “I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus.
“Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing. I feel OK. No panic.”
In other key developments:
- UK PM Johnson: Everyone should now avoid social contact with others.
- Johnson: Virus “a few weeks ahead” in London compared with rest of UK.
- Macron orders French to stay at home – and says those who don’t will be punished.
- Coronavirus infections outside China pass 87,000; case numbers in China stand at 80,860.
- Germany closes shops and other public places, after shutting borders
- Stock markets plunge despite action from central banks.
- WHO director urges governments to test all suspected virus cases, not just serious ones.