Elombah
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Adamawa Govt orders free treatment to victims of bomb blast

Adamawa state government have ordered immediate free medical treatment of those affected in the Tuesday twin bomb blasts in Mubi.

This was contained in a press statement signed by the commissioner of information, Alhaji Ahmad Sajoh.

In the statement, the executive governor of the state, Sen Muhammadu Jibrilla Bindow condemned the’ act as “Satanic, cowardly and dastardly”.

He, thereafter, ordered free medical treatment of the victims.

He also called  on well-spirited individuals to donate blood to the survivors of the blast as referrals were made to hospitals in Yola and Jimeta.

In the statement, the government announced that the bomb blast claimed the life of 27 people while 56 people are on admission receiving treatment.

The Governor commiserated with the family of the affected ones and restated commitment to protect live and property of the people.

The Chairman of Mubi North, Musa Ajayi, earlier on Tuesday, responded that the the multiple Bomb blast which rocked the busy kasuwan Gwanjo is an unfortunate thing.

He, however, reminded the people of Mubi and environs to go back to routine security checks.

He called on them to be “suspicous” of one another, sustain the usual security alertness In churches, mosques and markets places.

The twin bomb blast occurred as a result of laxities and the failure of people to report any suspicious person(s) or movement.

“People have to be suspicious of one another and the normal routine security checks done by our local security has to be sustained.

“It seems people are relaxed and the security consciousness is no longer there again.” Musa Called

To further commiserate with the victims, the governor suspended the weekly state executive council meeting, which is traditionally slated for wednesdays, and led members of the state executive to commiserate with victims of the blast.

He described the act as, “comdemnable, unfortunate, cowardly and uncivilized”.

Sen Jibrilla stated that government has already deployed a medical team to join other volunteers that are providing medical care to over fifty victims in Mubi.

He expressed appreciation to the management of Federal Medical Center Yola and the Red Cross Society for their prompt action in attending to the victims.

He noted that, “one of the victims had died earlier while being conveyed to Yola and two are in critical condition, while the others who are stable are responding to treatment”.

In his remark Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Comrade Ahmed Ibrahim Sajo, appealed for continuous screening at places of worship.

He warned that, “when there is a blast, people should not rush to the scene but should allow medical and security experts to discharge their duties of handling the situation”.

This, he said, “would guard against heavy casualty as a result of the second blast, as was the case in Mubi”.

Chief Medical Director of the Federal Medical Center Yola, Professor Muhammad Auwal, said, “medical personnel including volunteers and members of the Red Cross have been deployed to handle the situation”.

He gave assurance that, the center is capable and assured that the situation is under control.

Comments are closed.