AfDB names panel to review Adesina corruption allegation
The Bureau expresses its utmost trust and confidence in the Panel’s ability to successfully carry out this important assignment
a) The Bureau recalls its Communiqué issued on June 4th 2020 informing the general public of its decision to authorize an Independent Review of the Report of the Ethics Committee of the Boards of Directors relative to the allegations made by Whistle blowers against the President of the Bank Group.
Mrs. Mary Robinson is a Barrister by profession and is a former President of the Republic of Ireland. She was also the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. She, among other numerous global and national responsibilities, is the Chairperson of the Elders, a global body of wise persons concerned about the wellbeing of the world.
Leonard F. McCarthy is a former Director of Public Prosecutions, a former Director for the Office of Serious Economic Offences, and a former Head of the Directorate of Special Operations of South Africa. He served as the Integrity Vice President of the World Bank for nine years.
- Chairperson of the Bureau of the Boards of Governors of the African Development Bank Group
Ms. Niale KABA, Governor for Côte d’Ivoire
- First Vice Chairperson of the Bureau of the Boards of Governors of the African Development Bank Group
- Mr. Christian ASINELLI, Alternate Governor for Argentina
- Second Vice Chairperson of the Bureau of Boards of Governors of the African Development Bank Group
- Mr. Penda ITHINDI, Temporary Governor for Namibia