Anambra 2021: Victor Umeh has right to endorse anyone he wishes, but…
By Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia
Anambra 2021: Sen Umeh has the right to endorse anyone he wishes, but I disagree with him on the below quote:
“He (Soludo) has the capacity to work with IMF, World Bank, African Finance corporation to get Grant for us (Anambra State) without waiting for federal allocation“ — Victor Umeh
My points are:
(1) Soludo has been SA to the President, CBN governor, currently an economic adviser to President Buhari, and a political appointee to Governor Obiano( Heading a state board) yet, there is no record that he attracted any grant to Anambra State.
There is no record of him getting grants for Anambra State and what makes Distinguished Senator Umeh believe that he can do that when he becomes governor?
(2) If Soludo can get grants from international organizations as Senator Victor Umeh erroneously assumed, why has Soludo not access these windows for the benefits of Anambra all this while?
(3) Soludo wanted to build a hospital in memory of the late mother at Isuofia, but could not get all these International organizations Senator Umeh mentioned above to build the hospital, rather launching was organized for the same hospital in 2008. Where are these international organizations Soludo is said to have the capacity to get grants from them for Anambra development?
(4) The Isuofia hospital project which billions were raised is still abandoned and incomplete 13years after, so where are these International organizations Soludo is said to have the capacity to attract?
(5) Let me remind Our distinguished Senator Umeh whom I respect so much that he ascribed qualities Soludo don’t possess to him with the above quote from him.
(6) Again, what grants has Soludo attracted to Anambra State or any sector in Anambra State?
(7) Soludo started running for governor in 2009, from 2009 to 2021 is 12years. Now, what grant has Soludo facilitated to Anambra state from IMF, AFC, World Bank, etc as Ohamadike assumed?
(8) Soludo was appointed by Governor Obiano to head one of the boards(hotel management), what grant has Soludo helped Governor Obiano to facilitate from all these mentioned organizations for Anambra State as a member of Obiano led govt and a closer appointee to the governor?
So, I believe it was an error of judgment on the part of our respected Senator Umeh to ascribe the above quote to Soludo. I also believe that Senator Umeh will have reasons to agree with me that Soludo don’t have the capacity for what Senator Umeh said of him.
Note: I am just raising issues as a citizen so that we don’t make mistakes and put our state into ‘echekwem na Soludo ga alu out.
Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia
Nise, Anambra State