Anambra poll: 2019 APC House Of Assembly candidates in Anambra totally reject Andy Uba candidacy
By Kalu Nwokoro Idika
…ask party to sanction Gov Dapo Abiodun
…say, June 26 is a black Saturday in Anambra APC.
2019 APC House of Assembly candidates in Anambra State have recounted how the executive governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun executed what they described as the greatest electoral heist in the history of politics
In statement made available to newsmen by the members of 2019 APC House of Assembly said the party never held its primary election in Anambra State to elect its flag bearer in the November 6 governorship election and such, the results been bandied around in favour of Senator Andy Ubah should be disregarded and rejected.
However, it urged President Muhammadu Buhari to arrest the situation before the party will the hit the rock in Anambra State.
Below is the full statement:
GOV. DAPO ABIODUN EXECUTES THE GREATEST ELECTORAL HEIST IN HISTORY
Gentlemen of the Press, Ladies and Gentlemen.
June 26th, 2021 will go down in history as a black Saturday when the democracy-loving members of the All Progressives Congress in Anambra State were raped in broad daylight and for the whole world to see and told not to cry.
On Friday night, which is 25th June, 2021 when the APC Primary election panel led by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun met with all aspirants and leaders of the party at Hilton Leisure Hotel in preparation for the primary, there was a sense of hope and belief that maybe this time around, APC will allow the enthusiastic members of the party to select their governorship candidate in a transparent manner devoid of underhand deals.
The Ogun State governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, the Secretary of the Committee, Senator John Enoh and our South East representative in the party’s National Caretaker Committee, Senator Ken Nnamani all promised a very credible and transparent primary which was also echoed by the leader of our party in Anambra State, Dr. Chris Ngige. Alas on Saturday, 26th June, a day that began with promise as party men and women trooped out in enmasse to exercise their franchise quickly turned to a day of frustration as party members waited in vain for election materials or officials to arrive their wards. It turned out that was just the beginning of the litany of absurdities that will play out that day and beyond.
Shortly before midnight when it was obvious that no election had taken place and 11 out of the 14 aspirants that were meant to participate in the primary had addressed the press calling for the postponement of the primary till Tuesday 29th June, the Primary Election Committee which were hitherto no where to be found all through the day to give direction suddenly turned up at Golden Tulip Hotel, Agulu to start announcing the results of the Primary Election that never took place. This was a rude shock to all party members who had waited endlessly for the primary to take place to no avail before going back to their various homes.
It dawn on all unsuspecting members of our great party in the state that the Gov. Dapo Abiodun led Primary Election Committee had just pulled off the biggest electoral heist in the history of elections in world. Not even the charade of 2007 could rival this brazen theft. This is the replica of APC Ben Johnson Primary in Imo State in 2019.
Ladies and gentlemen, why this is so disheartening is because, 2021 governorship election presented to us in Anambra APC the biggest opportunity to take over Anambra State for the first time due to the intractable quarrels currently bedevilling the ruling All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) coupled with the fact that Ndi Anambra were tired of the bad governance under Willie Obiano administration.
But now, Gov. Dapo Abiodun and his committee with a tacit approval from some State Working Committee members of the party has threatened that chance by declaring Senator Andy Uba winner of an non-existent primary election with a purported figure of 230,201 ghost votes. This is the height of impunity and we, the Members of Progressive House of Assembly Candidates for 2019 Election cannot condone that. This must not be allowed to stand.
Therefore, we are stating in clear and unequivocal terms the following:
1. That there was no primary election in any part of Anambra State in line with the guidelines set out by the Election Primary Committee.
2. That the declaration of Sen. Andy Uba as winner of a non-existent primary election is null and void and of no consequence whatsoever. The declaration only exists in the imagination of those who were involved in the fraud.
3. That the group is solidly behind the 11 aggrieved aspirants and supports their call for the party to pick a consensus Candidate since Senator Uba’s name has not been submitted and INEC report which stated that APC did not conduct valid Primary.
4. That the State Working Committee of the party in Anambra State led by Chief Basil Ejidike (Ikwelle Nnabuenyi) should distance themselves from this electoral fraud and stop threatening Local Government Chairmen with expulsion for saying the truth.
5. We call on the Leader of the Party, President Buhari and Caretaker Committee to sanction Governor Dapo Abiodun. He should not as a matter of fact be allowed into the folder of the progressives and APC should not send him on any future assignment.
6. We call on the Leadership of the Party to sanction Senator Andy Uba for his role in this electoral heist. There must be consequences for People’s action and APC should not tolerate this, so that it will serve as a lesson to others who might be trying to do such in future elections.
Finally we call on the National Caretaker Committee of the APC led by Gov. Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State as well as the NEC of the party to urgently address this daylight robbery to avert the tornado that is about to hit the party in Anambra State. We also call on the National leader of the party and President, Muhammadu Buhari to wade in as a father into this matter now and display his avowed commitment to due process and the rule of law.
And to our hurting members across the 326 wards who were taken for a ride on 26th june, we appeal for calm and promise to do everything possible within the ambit of the law to bring APC back on track within the shortest possible time.
Thank you for listening and God bless.
1. Hon Paul Ezeobi – Nnewi south 2 Constituency
2. Engr Onyedibe Tochukwu – Onitsha South 2 constituency
3. Barr Afam Emejuru – Onitsha north 2 constituency
4. Hon Onochie Ubili – Onitsha north 1 Constituency
5. Dr Emeka Aniebonam – Onitsha south 1 Constituency
6. Hon Rebecca Udorji – Awka north Constituency
7. Hon Chukwuemeka kenechukwu – Awka south 1 Constituency
8. Hon Barr Bona Oraekwe – idemili south Constituency
9. Hon Tochukwu Nwasike – Dunuokofia Constituency
10. Hon Barr ifeoma Ogbuoji – Njikoka 1 Constituency
11. Hon Chief Onowu Chikezie – Njikoka 2 Constituency
12. Hon Sir Tochukwu Anadi – Anaocha 2 Constituency.
13.Hon Peter Akachukwu Afamefuna – ihiala 2 Constituency
14. Hon Theo Egbe – Ekwusigo Constituency
15. Barr IG Ezediokpu – Ogbaru 1 Constituency.
16. Barr Fabian onwughalu – Nnewi south 1 Constituency
17. Hon Prince Kenneth Anazodo – Nnewi north Constituency
18. Hon Emeka Ide – Orumba south Constituency
19. Engr Mrs constance Iloh – 0rumba North Constituency
20. Hon Ezenwaka pope – Aguata 2 Constituency