Anambra Speaker, Taraba State First Lady, Ors Bag Women Awards
Recognized as the most prestigious honor for African Women and hosted for the first time in Nigeria, ambassadors, high commissioners, distinguished policy makers, entertainers and entrepreneurs were among guests from across but not limited to Africa who attended the 2018 edition of the African Virtuous Women Awards which took place at the Women Development Centre, Abuja Nigeria.
Themed: “Focus on the Rights of Women, Gender Based Violence” and hosted by Africa’s legendary compere Dr. Ayuba, the awards ceremony kicked off with performances from various Pan-African Cultural Troupes with an intriguing Keynote Address by Barr. Mary Ekpere-Eta, DG of Women Development Centre, Abuja.
All award winners include:
Taraba State First Lady, Barrister (Mrs.) Anna Mbasughun Darius Ishaku (Award for African Women Empowerment),
- Anambra House of Assembly Speaker, Rt. Hon Rita Maduagwu (Award for Excellence in Leadership),
- Reputation Poll International, Executive Director of Kampala Capital City Authority, Dr. Jennifer Semakula Musisi (African Agent of Change Award),
- Chikezie Ijeoma Stella (Award for African Women Health Advocacy),
- Namia Roberts (African Film Entrepreneur Award),
- Hajiya Samira Jibir (African Woman in Education),
- Liberia’s Benita Urey (African Young Philanthropist Award),
- Morrinna T Gbessage,
- Grace Hawa Weah,
- Alice Gorpu Yeebahn,
- Ebele Enemchukwu,
- Ellen Chiwenga (Award for African Woman in Sports),
- Uyi Odinuwe,
- Majority Leader, Parliament of Liberia, Hon. Munah E. Pelham-Youngblood.
Others who received special recognition awards for their individual contributions towards Africa included Hon. Jessie Majome, Uloma Rochas Nwosu, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Queen Adebukola Ojo.