APP backs EFCC invitation of Prof. Odoh over N2b Agric Loan
Asks EFCC to investigate and prosecute all parties mentioned
Ebonyi APP Press Release
The Action People’s Party (APP), Ebonyi State, register’s its concern on allegations and counter allegations about the spending of the 2 billion Naira approved by the Ebonyi State government in 2016 as Agricultural loans for civil servants in the state.
We have followed with keen interest and observed reactions from the leading parties and wishes to state as follows.
- That our dynamic chapter is worried and expresses shock with the amount of shame this allegations and counter allegations has brought to our state.
- That our party is aware of the committee of inquiry set up by the Ebonyi state government to investigate the spending of the 2billion Naira but is dismayed with the caliber of persons that constitute its membership. Without iota of contradiction, the committee lacks credibility and looks compromised already. Our great party express serious fear on the ability of the committee to be diligent and unbiased in her assigned responsibility by the EBSG.
- That our party has implicit support on the invitation by the erstwhile secretary to the Ebonyi state government-Prof Bernard odoh who unluckily is one of the contending party to the EFCC to investigate the spending of the two billion Agric loan fund.
- That EFCC without further delay should swung into action. Invite, investigate and prosecute the allegations without fear or favour.
- That EFCC should come to the aid of our state. Investigating spending in our public institutions like the local government areas and State assembly will be of immense benefit to the entire good people of Ebonyi state.
See the attached document below:
State Chairman, APP