This Senate of summons never ceaze to amuse itself with politicization of serious national issues which is an assault to the collective intelligence of the Nigerian people.
Reports in the media have it that the Senate has donated bags of rice to the beleaguered workers in Kogi state who are groaning under the excruciating pains and trauma of unpaid salaries which has become a national malaise within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Thus one’s questions are:
1. Is the donation of bags of rice to workers in Kogi state, the solution to unpaid workers salaries across the country of which over 26 states are culpable?
2. What was the reason that informed the donation of bags of rice to only Kogi state out of the over 26 states that are owing workers salaries?
3. Is it because a senior civil servant died in Kogi state for reasons which has been linked to unpaid salaries?
4. Will the next set of donation of whatever quantity of bags of rice to other states workers only happen when a civil servant dies?
5. Why only bags of rice, what about garri, maize, beans, groundnut oil, palm oil, pepper etc?
6. Is this donation meant to curry political favour for one of their own who is facing recall proceedings from his constituents in kogi State?
To imagine that the Senate can deliberate and proffer as a solution, the donation of bags of rice to assuage the economic and psychological trauma of workers who are owed salaries for months by their employers in a state for what ought to be a national emergency, shows the level of disdain and contempt for the average Nigerian worker by our new Senate of bags of rice and it is rather unfortunate.
Honestly, this Senate has once again exposed itself for what it has gained notoriety for, which is about subjecting Nigerians to ridicule which is what this politicized donation of bags of rice represents and it is very shameful.
Would you like to be receiving ALL Elombah.com news links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp? If yes, please provide us your WhatsApp number via email@example.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are ready to go!
© Copyright 2017 www.elombah.com; unless otherwise indicated, all images are courtesy of Twitter; send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow us on twitter @Elombah; like our Facebook page: Elombah.com; join us on WhatsApp HERE