Boko Haram kidnaps NGO staff, five others missing in Borno attack
Islamist insurgents have kidnapped at least one person working for an international aid organisation, Action Against Hunger, in northeastern Nigeria, sources said on Friday.
The abduction comes nine months after Islamic State’s West Africa branch executed a Red Cross aid worker who was kidnapped from another town in northeastern Nigeria in March 2018.
One Action Against Hunger staff member, two drivers and three other health workers are missing after an attack on a convoy in northeast Nigeria in which one driver was killed, the aid organization said in a statement.
“We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident as these colleagues are dedicated to providing life-saving assistance to individuals and families,” Action Against Hunger said of Thursday’s attack.
Islamist insurgents carried out the attack and kidnapped the surviving members of the convoy, sources told Reuters earlier on Friday.