- The Deputy Governor of Kano State, Professor Hafiz Abubakar has dumped the All Progressive Congress (APC) and has defected to the PDP.
- Tambuwal Defection: 12 lawmakers Pledge loyalty to Buhari: Twelve of the 30-member Sokoto State House of Assembly have declared their loyalty to the All Progressives Congress and President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, on Wednesday officially defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Tambuwal will be the third govwrnor of APC that will defect to PDP within one week.
- Tambuwal who is eyeing the Presidential ticket of PDP is expected to begin his campaign for President after the announcement.The governor made this intention to move out of APC in Press conference attended by his supporters in Sokoto state in the Government House.
- Governor of Benue state, Samuel Orton took the lead last week followed by Governor of Kwara state, Ahmed Fatai on Tuesday.
- Gov. Ahmed Defects from APC: Kwara state Governor, Fatai Ahmed has pulled out of All Progressive Congress (APC)
- Saraki Defects from APC: Senate President, Bukola Saraki has defected from All Progressive Congress (APC). He joins the PDP.
- Speaker of Kwara State House of Assembly, Ali Ahmad, has dumped the APC defected to PDP.
- It’s Official. APC Spokesman, Bolaji Abdullahi Resigns From APC
2019 Election: Defecting APC Senators vowed to work for Buhari- Presidency
Presidency on Thursday revealed that defecting All Progressive Congress (APC) Senators to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has vowed to work for the reelection of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 Presidential election.
On Tuesday, no fewer than twelve Senator of APC joined PDP camp.
However, addressing newsmen, Senior Special Assistant to President on National Assembly Matters(Senate) Senator Ita Enag explained all defecting Senators have no problem with President Buhari but, with their various state governors and states party’s chairmen.
According to him, All of them have said they don’t have problem with Buhari but a question between legislature and Governor from one state to another, it has to do with electoral calculation, some of them have issue that have to do with their governors.
When Enag was pressed by newsmen to mention defecting Senators that will work for Buhari in PDP, He said, “It will improper and beach of confidentiality to tell you their names.”