Elombah
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Update: DSS invades Dasuki’s Abuja house, stops his trip

85

Sambo Dasuki

The Directorate of State Security [DSS] has once again invaded the immediate past National Security Advicer [NSA] Colonel Sambo Dasuki’s [retd] house in Abuja.

According to information available to Elombah.com, the aim is to stops ex-NSA’s trip abroad. 

Men of the State Security Service (SSS) for the second time in four months surrounded his house in order to scuttle the court-sanctioned health-related travel.

“They invaded his Abuja home early hours of this morning with some of their personnel guiding the gate and as well as stationing their vehicles there”, a source said.

No information regarding the arrest is forthcoming from the security agencies but investigations further revealed that the security agents besieged the Abuja Air Port Wednesday night in an anticipatory move to either stop the ex-NSA from travelling or arrest him.

Elombah.com had reported that Justice Ademola of the Federal High Court, Abuja Tuesday allowed former national Security Adviser to travel abroad citing health complications as basis for his decision.

The Federal Judge also ordered the Directorate of State Security [DSS] to release his international passport to enable him embark on the trip.

A new twist was added to the Colonel Dasuki’s case when the federal government has added money laundering to allegations involving the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Elombah.com has been informed which complicated his case and led to his passport being confiscated.

It could be recalled that the Department of State Security Service (DSS) had charged Colonel Dasuki to court over offenses related to possession of firearms.

In a statement issued by the DSS on Monday issued by Tony Opuiyo said after searching Dasuki’s houses on 16th July, 2015, its men discovered large cache of arms and ammunitions and has subsequently charged him to court.

Opuiyo had stated that the search was necessitated by credible intelligence which linked him to acts capable of undermining national security.

“The search operation led to the recovery of large cache of arms and ammunition among other things and for which further investigation was conducted.

“Consequently, on Monday 24th August, 2015, he was charged to court based on evidence so far obtained, but which relates to possession of fire arms without license,” Opuiyo stated.

He had noted that the crime is punishable under section 27(i) (a) (i) of the Firearms Act Cap F28 LFN 2004, adding that: “This is in line with democratic practice and our avowed commitment to the rule of law.”


© Copyright 2020 ElombahNews.

DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via publisher@elombah.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles  to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews 

For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +2349050382526

Comments are closed.