Breaking: Tribunal Declares Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber Election
The Osun State Election Petition Tribunal has declared Senator Ademola Adeleke as the winner of Osun Governorship election conducted in September, 2018.
The Tribunal held that the All Progressives Congress and its candidate, Gboyega Oyetola was not validly returned.
- The Osun State Election Tribunal has dismissed all grounds raised in the preliminary objection of the 2nd respondent, Governor Gboyega Oyetola.
- The Tribunal also dismissed all grounds in the preliminary objection filed by the 3rd respondent, the All Progressives Congress [APC].
- Ruling, the tribunal hereby established and upheld PDP’s allegations of results being doctored.
- It, however, dismissed PDP’s and its candidates, Adeleke’s application to strike out APC’s facts and figures.
- It held that PDP and Adeleke failed to prove over-voting in the 38 polling units where they called witnesses and the server of the Independent National Electoral Commission [INEC] because they failed to relate Form EC8A to the Voters Register.
Stay tuned for more Osun Election Tribunal updates…