What Buhari Can Do To Endear Himself To Ndigbo — Ohanaeze
A Spokesman of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, Mr. Chuks Ibegbu has, on Monday, advised President Muhammadu Buhari on practical steps he MUST have to take if really he wants to endear himself to Ndigbo ahead of the 2019 presidential election.
In a memo made available to ElombahNews, Mr. Ibegbu underlined four steps President Buhari shoult undertake to see his presidential ambition in the South-East come to fruition.
- “President Muhammadu Buhari can endear himself to Ndigbo by sending an executive bill to the National Assembly for a state in the South East.
- “Then an additional forty to fifty local governments should be carved in the South East to make up for the deep shortfall in the number of local governments in the area.
- “The President should also re-visit the abandoned property issue and engage in pro-Biafra groups in a dialogue while fishing out the soldiers that killed more than one hundred and fifty pro Biafran activists in the last two years and prosecuting them.
- “But more importantly, he needs to consider the 2014 National Confab report and restructure the country.
- “Address the infrastructural challenges in the South East and the Fulani herdsmen threats and killings in the area.”
In conclusion, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Spokesman said that “if the President do these… he will endear himself to Ndigbo and even garner a reasonable electoral support there.”
In another development, meanwhile, Ohanaeze is elated by the decision of IPOB to sync with it and work to address the issues and challenges confronting Ndigbo in Nigeria.
Speaking on the development, Ibegbu said that “it is better to jaw-jaw than war-war . It is better to have a common front to tackle the challenges confronting Ndigbo in Nigeria.”
He added that Ohanaeze Ndigbo template on Restructuring, if adopted and implemented, would tackle the numerous challenges confronting the nation.