Buhari Swears-In Ngige’s Wife, 8 Other Perm Secs
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday administered oaths of office on nine Federal Permanent Secretaries at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The Permanent Secretaries were sworn-in in two batches of five and four before the commencement of the Federal Executive Council (FEC).
The nine permanent secretaries are:
- Musa Hassan from Borno State,
- Ahmed Aliyu (Niger State),
- Olushola Idowu (Ogun),
- Andrew Adejoh (North Central Zone) and,
- Umar Tijjani, North East Zone.
The second batch consists of:
- Dr Nasir Gwarzo (North West Zone);
- Nebeolisa victor Anakali (South East Zone);
- Fashedemi Temitope Peter (South West zone) and,
- Dr Evelyn Ngige, the wife of Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, representing the South South Zone.
Immediately after the swearing-in of the permanent secretaries, the President and cabinet ministers commenced the last FEC meeting for the year.
The Ministries of Petroleum Resources, Internal Affairs, Transportation as well as NAFDAC, NIMASA, NPA, Nigerian Correctional Service and EFCC are among the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) expected to make presentations at the meeting.