Elombah
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

CCT Insists Case against Godsday Orubebe Still On

The Code of Conduct Tribunal on Monday said the case against a former Minister of the Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe, had not been withdrawn.

CCT said in a statement by its Head of Press and Public Affairs, Ibraheem al-Hassan, that the media reports about the dropping of the case were false.

“Our attention at the Code of Conduct Tribunal has been drawn to recent publications from some section of mass media, indicating that the Federal Government has withdrawn charges against former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Mr Godsday Peter Orubebe.

“The Tribunal is compelled to refute the said publications, particularly those contained in ThisDay Newspaper, Leadership and some online media, dated March 21st, 2016. 

“The purported withdrawal of the case was quoted to be based on the case being fundamentally defective.

“Pursuant to the above, CCT advices that, to the best of our knowledge based on available records, as at the time of this report, the information is misleading, distortive and as such it should be ignored.

“The case of Mr Godsday Peter Orubebe before CCT in Charge NO: CCT/ABJ/02/15 is on-going. 

“What transpired in court in the last session held on 8th March, 2016 was a substitution of the initial charge with a newly filed charge by the prosecution, of which leave was sought from, and granted by the Tribunal. 

“The case had been adjourned to 7th April, 2016. Thus; there is no withdrawal of the case by the prosecution.”

© Copyright 2015 www.elombah.com. Send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter handle @Elombah; like our Facebook page: “Elombah.com”

Comments are closed.