*Or you are Number One Enemy of Ndigbo
Igbo traders put their goods destroyed at 11 billion Naira, therefore we call on President Muhammadu Buhari to interfere on this matter.
Demolition of Oshodi Market
Ohanaeze Youth Council worldwide condemned the demolition of Oshodi Market without allowing Igbo traders to pick their goods.
1) The Youth wing of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth council worldwide frown on the manner Governor Akinwunmi Ambode Administration hurriedly demolished Oshodi Market without giving Igbo traders at least Due notice for them to pick up their goods and relocate to the new site.
2) We don’t want to believe that the alleged discovery of Arms bunker at Oshodi market is not a cover story of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to displace Igbo traders and repatriate them to South East as his predecessor did while in office.
3) Ohanaeze Youth Council call for the immediate compensation of all Igbo traders whose goods where unlawfully destroyed in the demolition of Oshodi Market, as 16days notice was too short for any meaningful relocation of a big market like Oshodi Market, except Governor Ambode was acting on the script of Oba of Lagos, whose hatred against Igbos knows no bounds.
4) The Untold hardship unleashed on Igbo traders by Governor Ambode’s action, by not allowing Igbo traders who majority of them travelled for Xmas and New year celebrations to pick their goods at demolished Oshodi market, is unacceptable to Ndigbo, as Igbo traders put their goods destroyed at 11 billion Naira, therefore we call on President Muhammadu Buhari to interfere on this matter as we Urge Ndigbo in Lagos to remain calm, as Ohanaeze youth Council worldwide is on course to get Governor Ambode to Compensate them.
5) Finally We are warning the Lagos State Government, as a matter of urgency to address the situation of Igbo traders whose goods worth 11 billion were unlawfully destroyed without due notice or we will tag Governor Akinwunmi Ambode as number one enemy of Ndigbo in Nigeria if he avoid to remedy this situation through full compensation to Igbo traders involved.
Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro Okwu Nnabuike
National President. National Secretary
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via email@example.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews