As Brazil and Mexico both post record daily death tolls, photos from the two countries show the everyday impact of the virus.
Brazil – the epicentre of the epidemic in Latin America – reported a record 1,349 deaths in the last 24 hours.
Meanwhile Mexico, for the first time since the start of the outbreak, announced that more than 1,000 people had died in a day.
- Mexico reports more than 1,000 daily deaths for the first time
- Brazil sets a new record of 1,349 daily deaths
- In the UK, Business Secretary Alok Sharma is self-isolating
- Prince Charles says he “got away quite lightly” when diagnosed in March
- Austria is reopening almost all its borders on Thursday
- Globally there have been 6.4m infections since the outbreak began, and 383,000 deaths