Covid-19 update: 69,645 cases, 1,181 dead, 64,947 discharged
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has released its weekly COVID-19 situation report which provided a summary of the epidemiological situation, data sheet and response activities in Nigeria.
Attached below is the Covid-19 situation report showing the weekly epidemiological report for Epi Week 49 covering 30th November – 6th December 2020.
The discharges on Sunday include 74 community recoveries in Gombe State and 6 community recoveries in Lagos State managed in line with guidelines.
390 new cases of COVID19 in Nigeria:
• In Week 49, the number of new confirmed cases increased to 1,843 from 1,029 in week 48. These were reported in 22 states (Tables 1 & 2).
• In Week 49, the number of discharged cases increased to 1,726 from 979 in week 48. These were reported in 19 states (Tables 1 & 3).
• Cumulatively, since the outbreak began in Week 9, there have been 1,180 deaths reported with a case fatality rate (CFR) of 1.7% (Tables 1 & 4).
• The number of reported deaths in the last one week in states, including FCT is 7 (Tables 1 & 4).
• In Week 49, the number of in-bound international travellers at Nigerian airports was 11,741 compared with 11,381 in Week 48.
• In Week 49, the number of international travellers with a positive result after the 7th day of arrival was 81 compared with 59 in week 48.
• In Africa, the count for confirmed COVID-19 cases is 2,261,589 with 53,853 deaths resulting in a case fatality rate of 2.4%
• Globally, the count for confirmed COVID-19 cases is 66,243,918 with 1,528,984 deaths resulting in a case fatality rate of 2.3%
Returning passengers tests
Over the last week, the following laboratories carried out COVID-19 tests for returning passengers:
- 54Gene (Lagos) 3
- 54Gene (FCT) 194
- MEDICAID (FCT) 91
- CEDARCREST (FCT) 70
- DNA Labs (FCT) 108
- EVERIGHT DIAGNOSTICS (FCT) 39
- EHA CLINIC (FCT) 222
- CLINA-LANCET (FCT) 1
- TOTAL TESTS: 728