The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has announced that eleven new cases of COVID19 have been reported in LAGOS STATE.
As at 11:00 pm 14th April there are 373 confirmed cases of COVID19 reported in Nigeria. 99 have been discharged with 11 deaths.
As at 11:00 pm 14th April, number of states with confirmed cases of COVID19 — 19+FCT:
Akwa Ibom- 6
In the meantime, NCDC has issued an advisory to guide Nigerians on the use of face masks, and recommends that face masks are worn:
1. As an optional added layer of physical distancing, and to be disposed of properly after use.
2. While in crowded settings, like markets.
3. Used in combination with social distancing, hand washing, respiratory hygiene and disinfection of surfaces.
It is critical to ensure proper handling of masks. Improper disposal & frequent touching can increase risk of infection with the COVID19 virus.
Due to a global shortage of face masks:
1. Medical masks are best preserved for patients & healthcare workers who need them most.
2. Make use of improvised options such as cloth masks.
Improvised face masks can be used as long as they are properly washed regularly. They can be made out of cloth or other materials.
Read more about this advisory here.
For detailed update, visit here: