Elombah
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

COVID19: Lagos discharges 7 patients, 3 discharged in Oyo

371

The executive governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has announced the discharge of seven #COVID19 patients on Friday, bringing to 39 the number of discharged patients in Lagos.

Governor Sanwo-Olu announced this in a press statement made available to ElombahNews, viz:

“Good people of Lagos,

“I bring you awesome news from IDH, Yaba, which is as a testament to our resolve to overcome the lethal #COVID19 pandemic ravaging the world.

“Today, we discharged 7 more patients who have fully recovered and tested negative twice consecutively for #COVID19

“This brings to 39 the number of discharged patients in Lagos.

“The patients include one female and six males; three of the discharged male patients are foreign nationals; two Ukrainians and one Italian.

“As we look forward to more great news in the coming days, I implore you all to support our offensive against #COVIDー19 by complying with our directives and taking responsibility for yourselves and your community.

“In the coming days, some of our health workers will be moving around in pairs to administer an electronic questionnaire at homes and healthcare facilities to make enquiries about some symptoms like cough, cold and fever.

“This is in a bid to intensify our search for possible cases of #COVID19 in different communities across the State known as *Active Case Search*.

“These officials can be identified with a #COVID19 outbreak response tag or a letter from the LGA.

“I implore you to give them your maximum support by providing accurate information that would help in containing this #COVID19 pandemic quickly.

“Again, I assure you that at the end of it all, we will be victorious.

“Thank you.”

Meanwhile, three people who tested positive for coronavirus have been discharged after recovery from the isolation centre in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

The state governor, Seyi Makinde, who doubles as the Chairman of Oyo State Covid-19 Task Force, disclosed this while giving update on the pandemic in the state.

This brings the number of discharged cases in Oyo State to five, leaving six as active cases.

Governor Makinde said they were releases to their families after testing negative twice to confirm that they have been cured of the virus.

 

Makinde said: “Yesterday, three confirmed COVID-19 patients were discharged after receiving their second negative test results. This brings the number of discharged cases in Oyo State to five. So, there are currently six active cases.

“All previously announced measures to prevent, contain and control the spread of COVID-19 in Oyo State, remain in place. These include the dusk to dawn curfew (7 PM to 6 AM); no gatherings of more than ten people to be held anywhere in the state and the closure of all markets except those selling perishable food items.”

However, the Governor reiterated the ban on social gathering of more than ten people in the state.

“Also, inter-state transportation into and out of the state remains suspended except vehicles carrying food items, medical, pharmaceutical and petroleum products.

“Please, keep following the directives of the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force. Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, regularly. Also, continue to maintain social distancing.”

Comments are closed.