In his inauguration speech, President muhammadu buhari famously declared: “I belongs to no body, I belongs to every one”.
It is a well knowing fact, however, that a few individuals have encircled the president in Aso rock.
These are relatives and old time friends, belonging to what is now known as the ‘Daura mafia’ in the presidency.
Daura is the name of president Muhammadu Buhari’s hometown; marooned in the Katsina state parch-land.
This cabal has hijacked President Muhammadu Buhari’s and were alleged to have cornered and restricted access to the President.
This mafia comprising and a very few select friends have been constantly and consistently in control of most of the behind the scene manoeuvres in and around the world of Buhari since he was sworn in as president.
1. Director-General of Department of State Services, Lawan Daura; President Muhammadu Buhari sacked the Director General of the State Security Service, Ita Ekpenyong and appointed Lawal Daura as new head of the agency, which serves as Nigeria’s secret police. Mr Lawal Musa Daura was born in Daura on the 5th of August, 1953. He attended Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
2. President Daura: The one person that calls the shots in Nigeria’s presidential palace is Buhari’s uncle and confidant Mamman Daura. all major executive decisions almost, always go through Daura. He’s described as the man with the president’s ears, the one man Buhari considers infallible
Daura is two years older than Nigeria’s president, he was an editor of the New Nigeria Newspaper (NNN) and also succeeded his relative Ibrahim Dasuki as head of the African International Bank.
Villa sources told of how Daura heads the ‘Daura mafia’.
He basically decides who gets a federal appointment and who doesn’t. He’s presently holding onto hundreds of would-be board appointees even though the president has given the go-ahead that the names be made public. Daura won’t budge until such a time when he deems it fit for the president’s chief of staff or secretary to the government of the federation to have them.
Villa sources point to a host of some of Buhari’s appointees as the handiwork of this head of the Daura mafia.
3. One of the earliest appointments made by Buhari is that of Ahmed Kuru to head AMCON. Kuru was groomed in the former Habib Bank, formerly partly owned by Mallam Musa Bello, a member of the inner caucus of the Mamman Daura led Mafia. Kuru, a reputable banker was appointed to ease the strangulation suffered by Mamman Daura and his friends regarding most of their bankrupt businesses mostly situated in Kakuri industrial estate in Kaduna.
4. Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari; Mamman Daura handpicked Abba Kyari, one of his lackeys, to become the president’s chief of staff.
5. Aisha Abubakar was nominated into the Buhari cabinet from Sokoto state by Daura.
6. Muhammad Bello, one time ministerial nominee from Adamawa, is the first son of Musa Bello of the defunct Habib Bank–a member of the Daura mafia.
7. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmad, one time ministerial nominee from Kaduna, is the daughter of Late Yahaya Hamza, Elrufai’s Foster father who died a few months ago. She owes her position to Daura.
8. Sulaiman Adamu, one time ministerial nominee from Jigawa State is not only the younger brother of Amina Zakari of INEC but also a nephew of Buhari and by extension, a blood relation of Mamman Daura.
9. Adamu Adamu, nominee from Bauchi and now Nigeria’s education minister, was groomed by Mamman Daura at the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) and NNN”.
Isn’t it simply amazing how the following all worked as consultants at the AfriProjectsConsortium (Sole mega consultants to the defunct PTF) floated by Dr. Mahmud Tukur, Mamman Daura’s business partner for over 40yrs:
10. [a] Amina Zakari (INEC), [b] Sulaiman Adamu (Jigawa nominee), [c] Amina Mohammed (Gombe Nominee)”.
11. Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal;
12. Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Ahmed Ali (rtd);