DIG Ogbizi’s usurpation of IGP’s powers, incompetence, bias in Uboh vs Emefiele
The Chairman of George Uboh Whistleblowers Network (GUWN), Dr. George Uboh wrote Mr. Godwin Emefiele, the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on or about April 2, 2019 captioned “Over $2.5 Billion USD missing under your watch…” and attached the requisite evidence.
The CBN, in a flagrant display of impunity and wanton disregard for due process and rule of law, decided to investigate itself.
If CBN had nothing to hide, it would have transmitted Uboh’s letter to any law enforcement agency like the EFCC, ICPC or DSS to conduct an independent investigation during which Uboh would be invited to substantiate or prove the allegations.
Instead, the CBN investigated itself, came up with its self-serving investigative report and, thereafter, wrote the IGP on June 10, 2019 via a letter signed by Deputy Governor, Okwu Nnanna.
Now comes DIG Mike Ogbizi who arrested George Uboh on May 15, 2019, and verbally denied George Uboh bail on May 16, 2019 after George Uboh met the bail conditions Ogbizi set.
Uboh spent 101 days in detention.
The purported investigative report which the CBN sent to the IGP at Force Headquarters, Louis Edet House, was mysteriously received by DIG Ogbizi at FCIID, Area 10, Garki.
- a) Why is a letter addressed to the IGP at Louis Edet House bearing acknowledgment receipt stamp of DIG Ogbizi at FCIID, Area 10, Garki? [See the attached document below]
- b) Why would DIG Ogbizi allow the CBN, the party accused by Uboh, to conduct investigation the DIG’s office should have conducted?
- c) Is DIG Ogbizi’s office (FCIID) not supposed to investigate cases and send the report to the petitioner and accused?
- d) Why did Ogbizi reverse the roles by turning CBN into the investigator and the police the recipient of investigative report, albeit prepared by the suspect?
- e) Given the obvious shenanigan at bar, is Ogbizi’s action in receiving and treating a letter addressed to the IGP not tantamount to usurpation of IGP’s powers by the DIG?
- f) If the answers are in the affirmative, then what incentive would make a DIG turn an accused (CBN) into an investigator in its own cause, then knowing the obvious due process anomaly, did not want the IGP to see such anomaly hence hijacked the letter to the IGP, treated it and used it to detain Uboh thus the accused (CBN) becomes the accuser?