Of Einstein , Soyinka , The 6 Chikes, Germany & Theoretical Physics
On March 1 1983, 35 years ago at the University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University, the Germans, through the Goethe Institute also known as the German Cultural Centre gave me the book titled “The New Physics: Route into the Atomic age” by Armin Herman.
This presentation of “the New Physics” was made at the Ife Book fair in the premises of the Oduduwa Hall of which Wole Soyinka was Chairman management committee.
A few days before, I had met, for the first time , with Chike Uzor referred to as” the one who introduces everyone else to Albert Einstein”.
It was whilst looking into “The New Physics”I began to see the elements of Albert Einstein in Wole Soyinka and Germany in Nigeria.
You might have read my article on the coincidences in the lives of Albert Einstein and Wole Soyinka in( The Guardian January 8,9 or 10 2013)It was also published by GIDI campus Facebook on January 10 2013 and inigeria.com
Actually there are six Chikes I have discovered:
- Chike1 (Professor Chike Obi,mathematician and Theoretical Physics Prize Winner),
- Chike 2 (Dr. Balogun Chike Obi, son of Professor Chike Obi and also a theoretical Physicist),
- Chike 3 (Dr.Chike Uzor Theoretical Physicist. First Class Degree),
- Chike 4 (Chike Nwosu( Nuclear Engineer and theoretical Physicist. First Class Degree),
- Chike 5 (Chike Agbakoba). Chike 5 was asked to rest at home by the authorities at the International school, Ibadan after being found to be playing with fire works other wise known as” knockout”.
So I was asked by his mother to keep him busy. I met him on a December 2, the anniversary of the first test of a nuclear reactor.The last topic he treated in his general science class was “The Law of conservation of Energy” which is related to fireworks. I made him read about nuclear energy.I saw he had got comprehension, so I named him Chike 5. He said he wanted to become an aeronautical Engineer.
- Chike 6 ( Chinemelu Ezeh) a Robotics Engineer and founder of the Robotics society, University college London, was featured in the Thisday newspaper on March 14 2017 then age 26, March 14 1879 Einsten was born and became the greatest scientist of the 20th century at the age of 26. Chike 6 was also featured in The Guardian on April 18 2017 the anniversary of the death of Einstein then in 1955. Recall things happened somewhat in reverse for Professor Chike Obi.He was born April 17 1921 and died March 13 2008.
On Febuary 8 2016 the anniversary of the birth of Pauline Koch Einstein(, Albert Einsteins Mother)
The German President commenced his visit to Nigeria the next day Feburary 9 ,he met with Wole Soyinka at Freedom Park Lagos. Feburary 10 Soyinka was made co chairman of Lagos at 50 commitee. On Feburary 11 whilst the German President was still visiting Nigeria, scientists confirmed the existence of gravitational waves as postulated by Einstein a theoretical Physicist. A few weeks later from April 18 to April 20 Soyinka was invited to deliver lectures at the Princeton University.Einstein passed away on April 18 1955 in Princeton.
By Augustine Togonu-Bickersteth, London, England