Elections: 12 Presidential Candidates Back Buhari
Twelve Presidential Candidates from various political parties, under the auspices of Forum of Presidential Candidates and Political Parties for good governance have endorsed the reelection of President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC) ahead of Saturday’s general elections.
The President in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said he was overwhelmed with the show of love and support by the Presidential Candidates.
He said while receiving them in Abuja:
“I am overwhelmed by your patriotism. The least you could do was to deny me votes in your immediate constituencies.
“However much your people loved me, they would have voted for their own first. I am really overwhelmed by your support”.
President Buhari said he was glad that Nigerians understood the three fundamentals on which the administration was anchored namely; securing the country, reviving the economy, and fighting corruption.
The 12 candidates and their parties are:
- Alhaji Shitu Mohammed Kabir, Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA)
- Hon Edozie Madu, Independent Democrats;
- Danjuma Mohammed, Movement for Restoration & Defence of Democracy;
- Yusuf Nadabo Dantalle, Allied Peoples Movement;
- Ahmed Buhari, Save Nigeria Party;
- Alhaji Isah B. Dansarki, Mass Movement of Nigeria;
- Ikechukwu Nwaokafor, Advance Congress of Democrats;
- Alista Soyode, Yes Party;
- Barrister Charles Ogbali, Advanced Nigeria Democratic Party;
- Kenneth Ibe Kalu, United Peoples Congress;
- Comrade Isiyaka Paul Femili, Nigeria Element Progressive Party; and,
- Robinson Akpu, National Democratic Liberty Party.