George Uboh Exposes RMAFC Chairman Mbam Of Massive Corruption, Nepotism
The chairman of Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission [RMAFC,] Engineer Elias Nwalem Mbam has been indicted in activities bordering on corruption and nepotism by the George Uboh Whistleblowers Network [GUWN].
Details of the revelation was contained in a letter written by GUWN chairman, Dr. George Uboh and obtained by ElombahNews.
The letter was titled “RE: Operating A Company While In Office, Unjust Enrichment Through Conflict Of Interest, Violation Of Code Of Conduct, Among Others”.
It was received and stamped by the Presidency, Office of the RMAFC chairman on July 6, 2018.
According to the letter, Engineer Mbam and two other family members, Mercy and Theo were operating a company while holding position as the chairman.
Mbam was also indicted in massive corruption, unjustly enriching himself and family through the company which they used to secure contracts from RMAFC.
He was also accused of nepotism, favouring people close to him over and above other qualified persons and contract bidders.
Dr. Uboh, therefore, advised him to come clean within one week, otherwise, the whistleblowers will be left with no option than to use the instrument.
President Muhammadu Buhari had, on July 26, 2016, approved the appointment of Engineer Elias Nwalem Mbam as chairman of RMAFC.
The Commission derives its powers and constitutional functions from paragraph 32 of Part I of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. T
RMAFC constitutional functions and responsibilities include:
- Monitor the accruals into and disbursement of revenue from the Federation Account;
- Review from time to time, the revenue allocation formulae and principles in operation to ensure conformity with changing realities: Provided that any revenue formula which has been accepted by an Act of the National Assembly shall remain in force for a period of not less than five years from the date of commencement of the Act;
- Advise the Federal, State and Local Governments on fiscal efficiency and methods by which their revenue is to be increased;
- Determine the remuneration appropriate to political office holders, including the President, Vice-President, Governors, Deputy Governors, Ministers, Commissioners, Special Advisers, Legislators and the holders of the offices mention in Section 84 and 124 of the Constitution; and;
- Discharge such other functions as are conferred on the Commission by the constitution or any Act of the National Assembly.
It is an autonomous body and is not subject to the direction or control of any other authority or person in the exercise of its power to make appointments or to exercise disciplinary control over persons.
Find attached below the document received and stamped by the RMAFC chairman’s Office on July 6:
© Copyright 2020 ElombahNews.
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews