Fayemi, APC’s Hypocrisy On Ekiti Airport & Graveyard Silence On Herdsmen Killings
By Lere Olayinka
Ekiti Airport was to be built by the Federal Government and the project commenced in 2010 during the PDP Government of Segun Oni.
As at the time Segun Oni left office on October 2010, the following had been done.
- Terrain Flight Check for site selection.
- Site Approval obtained from the Ministry of Aviation.
- Perimeter Land Survey, Meteorological Data otherwise known as(i.e. Wind-Rose) obtained from the Nigeria Meteorological Agency (NIMET).
- Form AC-001 collected for completion and submission to Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
- Guidance materials on the procedures to be followed for development and certification of airport and related technical and regulatory requirements to be met already collected for necessary assessment.
- Materials needs for Runway orientation and establishment of Obstacle Limitation Surfaces was virtually concluded.
However, when Fayemi became governor on October 2010, he said Ekiti do not need Airport and refused to cooperate with the FG that was ready to include the project in its 2011 Budget.
Despite intervention by Aare Afe Babalola (SAN) and other notable Ekiti leaders, Fayemi remained adamant in his position that Ekiti do not need airport.
When Fayose became governor, he brought the idea of the Airport back to life but again, Fayemi and his APC party kicked against it.
They went further to instigate owners of the land earmarked and already cleared for the project to go to court and secured an order restraining the Government from using the land.
Today, the same Fayemi and his party people are jumping up and down, telling us why Ekiti must now have a cargo airport.
So I ask, what has changed?
In the 2014 Calendar published by the Ekiti State Government under Fayemi, PROTOTYPE of Fajuyi Flyover Bridge the Government proposed to build was published. Construction of the Bridge was to commence in 2014.
However, the same Fayemi and his APC people were everywhere condemning Fayose for building the same bridge that they proposed to build but failed.
Must Fayemi and his APC people always be in opposition to anything not done by them?
On the raging issue of killer Fulani herdsmen, they are the ones being called Bandits, Herdsmen, and/or Kidnappers.
Kidnapping is what they are using to fund Boko Haram activities. Dazzol!
Yet, our governors are silent. Their party leader, Senator Bola Tinubu too is silent.
Just thinking how it will be if these Militias can just mistakenly enter Bourdillon one day and demand for two bullion vans filled with cash.
As at today, all the six governors in Yoruba States are APC, have they said anything about kidnappings by Fulani militias?
Lere Olayinka is the media aide to former Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose.