Property including food stuff and wines were destroyed in llorin, the Kwara capital, at the early hours of Thursday when four containers were gutted by fire.
The incident occurred at Ebun-Oluwa Shopping Complex, along Tanke Pipeline Road in llorin South Local Government Area of the state.
The News Agency’ of Nigeria (NAN) gathered that the fire was noticed from one of the containers as a result of suspected electrical spark no sooner than electricity supply was restored in the area.
One of the affected containers was a restaurant; two are for selling food stuff while the fourth one was used for selling various kinds of wines.
It took the personnel of the state Fire Service over an hour to put out the fire.
None of the owners of the four affected containers was able to salvage any belonging.
The state Director of Fire Service, Mr. John Olumuyiwa, confirmed the incident to NAN, describing it as unfortunate.
He advised residents of the state to ensure that all electrical gadgets were switched off when not in use or there is no electricity to prevent fire outbreaks. (NAN)
© Copyright 2020 ElombahNews.
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via email@example.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews