Below are some of the achievements of the Jonathan’s administration in his first 100 days in office. Recall that the All Progressives Congress, APC yesterday blamed former
President Goodluck Jonathan [pictured] for the Muhammadu Buhari’s inability to achieve anything in his 100 days.
In a Sunday statement issued by APC National Publicity secretary, the party said if Jonathan had not looted funds, it would have been able to do more than basically fulfilling its campaign promise.
”They say we are yet to fulfil our campaign promises to Nigeria, but they have forgotten that if only the PDP/Jonathan Administration had not stolen Nigeria blind, there would have been more than enough money to give school children in Nigeria not just one but three meals a day and even pay 5,000 Naira to 50 million most vulnerable Nigerians, not just the 25 million we promised in our manifesto,” APC said
See the 24 Things Former President Jonathan ACHIEVED In His First 100 Days below:
• 24 Key Economic Achievements • Just Few Out Of Many Listed
1. Nigeria’s oil industry expanded by 20% and we reclaimed our position as Africa’s largest oil exporter which we’d hitherto was lost to Angola.
2. Recognized by OPEC in July as the 2nd largest oil exporter 2nd only to Saudi Arabia. It is the first time Nigeria has recorded such a feat.
3. Inflation rate had been reducing as the administration enforces tighter fiscal policies.
4. In June the Consumer Price Index showed an inflation rate of 10.2% which dropped to 9.4% in July being the lowest rate in the past 4 years.
5. Foreign Reserves rose by 10% to $35 billion.
6. Nigeria’s GDP growth rate month-over-month had continued to grow from 6.7% in May to 6.9% in July of 2011.
7. Nigeria declared top three investment destinations in Africa (number 2) by the independent Africa Business Panel in the Netherlands.
8. Nigeria generated power at her highest level ever (4,000mw) which is still far from enough but which will improve monthly.
9. Nigerian Railway Corporation commenced Mass Transit Services in 5 of 6 geo-political zones. Last zone will come on stream by year’s end (December 2011).
10. With establishment of the NSIA, President facilitates direct investments into infrastructure with priority areas being Power and Roads.
11. The Federal Government also awarded contracts for various road projects across the country whose impact was soon to be felt nationwide.
12. Launch of NigeriaSat-2 and NigeriaSat-X Satellites to expand Internet Bandwidth and provide early warning to prevent natural disasters.
13. President introduced the policy of engaging the Private Sector on kerosine pricing and price reduced between May and September, 2011.
14. Recognizing the sacrifices of youth corps members, President approved upward review of allowances from 9,700 to 19,800 Naira.
15. Implementation of Minimum Wage Increase for Nigerian Workers to 18,900 Naira monthly.
16. 35% Slot For Women in the cabinet.
17. Deepening Security and expanding Peace in the Niger Delta.
18. Reduced kidnapping in South East with implementation of President’s order establishing the 14 Brigade of the Army in Ohafia, Abia state.
19. Maritime Safety has been ensured and stabilized in the last 100 days.
20. A stellar cabinet comprising former MDs of the World Bank & Goldman Sachs, Chairperson Accenture and multiple Ph.Ds.
21. The National Automobile Council established an Automotive Development Fund to resuscitate the automobile industry and generate jobs.
22. Approval for genuine foreign investors to obtain visas at the point of entry to facilitate FDI investments.
23. Model Skills Training Centers in Abuja- collaboration between Industrial Training Fund & the Institute for Technical Education, Singapore.
24. Establishment of the Nigerian Vehicle Credit Purchase scheme
Former Special Adviser to former President Goodluck Jonathan on New Media, Reno Omokri
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via email@example.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews