Ihedioha’s legal team was apt, S’Court was simply mischievous
By Ike Onyia
Those accusing Emeka Ihedioha’s legal team as doing so little, are not informed … They did what they should do, but SC chose their way
(1) Ihedioha’s legal team filed a cross petition which the Briefs were adopted alongside Hope Uzodinma’s appeal.
(2) The Supreme Court in its Judgement never referred to it as they are expected to .
(3) The Supreme Court merely adopted and relied on the 1st two issues for determination raised by the appellant and entered Judgement.
(4) INEC at the Tribunal, up till the Supreme Court, disowned the election results from those polling units as elections were not held therein .
(5) The Question that should have bothered the Supreme Court was: “where did Mr Hope Uzodinma get those forms EC 8As, which was not tendered by INEC, rather was tendered through a policeman via subpoena?”
(6) Can you talk about results from 388 polling units without presiding officers of those polling units or witnesses from those polling units? No !
(7) Did the petitioner call 388 presiding officers of these polling units or witnesses across these 388 polling units to render the said results? No !
(8) Elections are conducted at the polling units and in a case like this, ingredients of proof or otherwise should be generated from these polling units and ought to be anchored on human witnesses.
No matter how anyone try to defend this, it is a sad judgement for our Democracy.
Sad that we must live with it, but for posterity sake, am making my position known on this matter .
It is about our Constitutional Democracy and not about anyone or party here !
Nise, Anambra State .