The February 15 1966 cannot be possibly tagged an Igbo coup. It involves all the ethnic regions in it’s execution. I would have agreed with you in some extent if you had said that there were more Igbos than the rest but the reason why it is so cannot be farfetched because as at that time, there are higher percentage of Igbo officers than the rest of other ethnic groups.
This is a list comprising the names and the ethnic backgrounds of those behind the coup. Study there ethnic background and be the judge yourself.
15 MAJOR PLOTTERS OF THE 1966 INFAMOUS COUP:
1. Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu (Delta Igbo)
2. Major Adewale Ademoyega (Yoruba) author of ?Why We Struck?
3. Capt. G. Adeleke (Yoruba)
4. Maj. Emmanuel Ifeajuna (Igbo)
5. Lt. Fola Oyewole (Yoruba) author of ?The Reluctant Rebel?
6. Lt. R. Egbiko (Esan)
7. Lt. Tijani Katsina (Hausa/Fulani)
8. Lt. O. Olafemiyan (Yoruba)
9. Capt. Gibson Jalo (Bali)
10. Capt. Swanton (Middle Belt)
11. Lt. Hope Harris Eghagha (Urhobo)
12. Lt. Dag Warribor (Ijaw)
13. 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo (Hausa)
14. 2nd Lt. John Atom Kpera (Tiv)
15. Don Okafor (Igbo)
Would you like to be receiving ALL Elombah.com news links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, please provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are ready to go!
© Copyright 2017 www.elombah.com; unless otherwise indicated, all images are courtesy of Twitter; send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @Elombah; like our Facebook page: Elombah.com; join us on WhatsApp HERE
For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +2349050382526