The Kogi State House of Assembly has suspended five Local Government Chairmen in the state over frequent cases of absenteeism and financial recklessness.
Those suspended are:
1. The administrator of Ijumu Local Government Council, Mr. Taofiq Isah.
[Mr. Isah also doubles as the state Chairman of Association of Local Governments of Nigeria [ALGON.]
2. Mr. Baron Okwoli – Igalamela/Odolu Local Government Council
3. Mr. Moses Akande – Ogori/Magon-go Local Government Council
4. Mr. Moses Olorunleke – Kabba/Bunu Local Government Council, and,
5. Mr. Abdulrahim Ohiere of Okehi Local Government Council.
In the meantime, though, the state governor, Yahaya Bello, has called for calm.
He said that the ‘suspended’ administrators should still stay in office, pending the transmission of their offences to him by the House.
The suspension came under Matters of Urgent Public Importance raised by Friday Sani, Igalamela/Odolu Constituency.
Sani said the affected administrators were perpetually in Lokoja, the state capital instead of performing their primary responsibility, which was an affront to the status of the Assembly.
“The House must not be undermined,” Mr Sani said.
“The five administrators should be suspended to allow for investigation.
“The secretaries of the councils are to act in their stead,” he added
© Copyright 2016 www.elombah.com; Send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter handle @Elombah; like our Facebook page: “Elombah.com”