Lawyer writes US to intervene over Christian killings in northern Nigeria
By Mr. Emmanuel Ogebe
CAN chairman ANDIMI’S beheading: coalition requests urgent US bilateral talks with NIGERIA on persecution. International human rights lawyer, Mr. Emmanuel Ogebe of the United States/ Nigeria Law Group has written to the United States Secretary of State, Mr. Mike Pompeo asking his government to intervene in the spate of killings and persecution unleashed against Christians, especially in the Northern parts of Nigeria.
- Last week alone, Andimi, CAN Chair Michika, was beheaded.
- Same week University Student Ropvil was executed. He is from the same place as the two Plateau aid workers executed a couple of months ago.
- Also last week, Killer Fulani Herdsmen massacred 13 people in their community.
- Then add Leah’s news of childbirth from rape in captivity now amongst others. 50 years after Biafra, Nigeria is again at war except we don’t know it.
- The number of people killed in Nigeria this year already is more than those killed in the missile conflict between US and Iran that almost launched World War Three including collateral casualties of the bombed airplane!
- Nigeria remains the third most terrorized country in the world despite claims of the defeat of Boko Haram.
There are no more terror groups, real or imagined, in Nigeria today than before Major General Buhari was sworn.
We just pray that Nigerians do not wake up one day to hear that Nigeria has surrendered to Boko Haram.