Despite the ease of lockdown announced by the Federal Capital Territory Administration [FCTA], Abuja, all schools, churches, mosques are to remain closed until further notice.
This was contained in a directive issued by FCTA Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Anthony Ogunleye, on Saturday.
According to Mr. Ogunleye, Schools are not permitted to commence third term operations in any form until directed otherwise.
Ogunleye said: “All schools in the FCT remain closed until further notice.
“Schools are not permitted to commence third term operations in any form until directed otherwise by the relevant authorities.”
Schools are, therefore, encouraged to continue with e-learning teachings and other means of education.
Concerning churches and mosques, he said: “The extant directive on places of worship still subsists and they remain closed.”
On recreational areas, facilities and/or events, the directive said:
“All clubs, bars, gardens, beer parlors, recreational parks, communal sports facilities, movie theatres etc in the FCT remain closed.
“Ban on social congregations such as parties, weddings etc remain in force.”
Markets and businesses are authorised to open on the following conditions, including mandatory wearing of face masks:
- Markets are to operate for two days in a week on wednesdays and saturdays between 8:00am and 3:00pm
- Neighbourhood selling points will be established in various parts of the city to decongest the major markets
- Wearing of face mask is mandatory to gain access to markets in addition to hand washing and sanitizing protocols.
- Hygiene related protocols are also applicable to supermarkets and neighborhood markets.
- Banks are to open between the hours of 8:00am and 2:00pm and are to observe temperature checks, hand sanitizing protocols as well as the use of face masks for staff and customers
- Banks are to limit access by customers to allow for safe distancing reasons and limit the number of staff working on their premises to between 30% and 50%
- Restaurants are not open to the public and are encouraged to adopt home delivery services. similarly, eatries are to practice the take-away system and are to maintain all hand sanitizing, face covering and safe distancing protocols