The suicide bomber of the Manchester UK city attack has been identified as Salman Abedi by the police, and fears are rife that he may not have acted alone.
The disclosure was made by the Home Secretary, Mrs Amber Rudd, who said that Salman may have been working in consortium with some individual or collective forces.
Mrs Rudd said the attack was a “devastating occasion”.
“It was more sophisticated than some of the attacks we’ve seen before, and it seems likely – possible – that he wasn’t doing this on his own,” she added.
The bomber had struck the Manchester Arena on Monday night during a musical concert by Ariana Grande, killing himself and 22 others, while leaving 64 injured.
Meanwhile, the Police have arrested three men in south Manchester on Wednesday in connection to the attack.
During her speech on Tuesday night, the British prime minister, Mrs Theresa May raised the alert level in the country to its highest level of “critical” which suggests that other attacks may be imminent.
She said soldiers would be placed in key public locations to support armed police in protecting the public.
The affected places will include Buckingham Palace, Downing Street, embassies and the Palace of Westminster.
Military personnel may also be seen at other events over the coming weeks, such as concerts, Mrs May said, working under the command of police officers.
The prime minister said she did not want the public to feel “unduly alarmed” but said it was a “proportionate and sensible response”.
She, however, did not fail to add: “A further attack may be imminent”
According to a BBC report, military personnels will now be deployed to protect key sites.
So far, five of the victims are known to be eight-year-old Saffie Roussos, Olivia Campbell, 15, Kelly Brewster, 32, John Atkinson, 28, and Georgina Callander – thought to be 18.
Two Polish people are also among those killed, according to a Polish government minister.
The injured are being treated at eight Greater Manchester hospitals. Of those, some have lost limbs.
The wounded include 12 children aged under 16.
Several people are still missing, including Eilidh MacLeod, 14, from Barra in the Outer Hebrides, Chloe Rutherford, 17, and Liam Curry, 19.
Eilidh’s friend, Laura MacIntyre, 15 – who was also reported as missing – was later identified as one of the seriously injured in a Manchester hospital.
Manchester metro mayor Andy Burnham told the BBC that the attack had been the city’s “darkest hour”. [Contributions from BBC]