Ministerial List: Buhari Drops Kachikwu, Dalung, Udoma, Others
As 7 ex-governors, 7 senators make list
President Muhammadu Buhari has released the ministerial list with some cabinet members from the first tenure missing.
Among those missing are:
- Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu [Petroleum]
- Isaac Adewole [Health]
- Solomon Dalung [Sports]
- Mansur Dan Ali [Defence]
- Okechukwu Enelamah [Trade, Industry and Investment]
- Abdulrahman Dambazau [Interior]
- Udoma Udo Udoma [Budget Planning]
- Audu Ogbeh [Agriculture and Rural Development]
- Usani Uguru Usani [Niger Delta Affairs]
- Suleiman Kazaure [?]
- Adebayo Shittu [Communication]
- Heineken Lokpobiri [Agriculture and Rural Development – State].
Meanwhile seven former governors and seven ex-senators are among the 43-man ministerial nominees.
The seven former governors are:
- Rauf Aregbesola (Osun),
- Niyi Adebayo (Ekiti),
- George Akume (Benue),
- Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers),
- Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom),
- Timipre Sylva (Bayelsa), and,
- Babatunde Fashola (Lagos).
Also, seven former lawmakers made the list and will likely be asked to take a bow and avoid all the questions and answers that normally characterise screening.
The senators are:
- Gbemisola Saraki (Kwara 2007 – 2011)
- Olorunnibe Mamora (Lagos 2003 – 2011)
- Hadi Sirika (Katsina 2015)
- Tayo Alasoadura (Ondo 2015 – 2019)
- Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom 2015 to 2019)
- Chris Ngige (Anambra 2011 – 2015)
- George Akume 2007 – 2015).
Meanwhile, a current member of the House of Representatives on the platform of Accord Party (AP), Rep. Emeka Nwajiuba (Imo), also made the list.
Nwajuiba was also in the lower chamber of the National Assembly between 1999 and 2003.
The screening is expected to commence on Wednesday in alphabetical order starting with Abia and ending with Zamfara.
States with 2 Ministerial nominees: